Just over 2.7 million viewers followed the second semi-final of Melodifestivalen this past Saturday.
The second semi-final of Melodifestivalen 2020 saw a total of 2,706,000 viewers follow the competition live. The figures represent a drop of 144,000 viewers over the opening show last weekend. The number of requests to watch the show via SVT Play has not been reported this week by the Swedish broadcast.
The results of semi-final two were:
- Klara Hammarström – Nobody – 5th
- Jan Johansen – Miraklernas tid – Eliminated in First Round
- Dotter – Bulletproof – Final
- Méndez feat. Alvaro Estrella – Vamos amigos – Andra Chansen
- Linda Bengtzing – Alla mina sorger – Eliminated in First Round
- Paul Rey – Talking in My Sleep – Andra Chansen
- Anna Bergendahl – Kingdom Come – Final
The dates of the remaining Melodifestivalen shows are as follows:
- Semi-Final 3 (Luleå) – February 15
- Semi-Final 4 (Malmö) – February 22
- Andra Chansen (Eskilstuna) – February 29
- Final (Stockholm) – March 7
The final of the event will take place in the Friends Arena, in Stockholm on March 7th, preceded by the Second Chance round (Andra Chansen) in Eskilstuna on February 29th. The winner of the contest will go on to represent Sweden at the 2020 Eurovision Song Contest in Rotterdam, the Netherlands.
Sweden debuted in the Eurovision Song Contest in 1958 and has gone on to be one of the contest’s most successful countries. The country has won the contest six times, the most recent being in 2015. Sweden’s first victory came in 1974 when ABBA won the contest in Brighton with “Waterloo”. Since missing out on the final in 2010, Sweden has gone on to finish 3rd twice and has won the contest twice, only in 2013 did the country place outside of the top 10 in the final.