LTV has revealed the breakdown of the voting for the Supernova final, with Samanta Tīna revealed as winning with 35.42% of the vote.
The full breakdown of the results from final of Supernova have been released by the Latvian national broadcaster. The results show that Samanta Tīna took victory with 35.42% of the vote, having won the online vote but finished second in the televote.
The full results are as follows (Internet+Televote):
- Samanta Tīna – 39.24% + 30.63% – 35.42%
- Katrīna Dimanta – 22.63% + 34.98% – 28.12%
- Annna – 19.22% + 13.84% – 16.83%
- Miks Dukurs – 7.69% + 6.93% – 7.35%
- Bad Habits – 3.79% + 4.40% – 4.06%
- Seleste – 2.43% + 3.31% – 2.82%
- Edgars Kreilis – 2.74% + 2.11% – 2.46%
- Katrina Bindere – 1.22% + 1.89% – 1.52%
- Driksna – 1.04% + 1.90% – 1.42%
In a change to previous years, the winner was determined by SMS, telephone and internet voting alone. A jury, which was formed of both Latvian and international jurors, gave feedback on each of the performances during the show, but did not have any say in the overall result. The jurors were:
- Maarja Merivoo-Parro (Estonia) – Content editor for Raadio 2
- Geruta Griniūtė (Lithuania) – LRT Host
- Petri Mannonen (Finland) – Head of Universal Music for the Baltics
- Artis Dvarionas (Latvia) – Radio SWH program producer
Source: LTV / Image Source: LTV – Lauris Viksne
Latvia debuted in the Eurovision Song Contest in 2000, being the last of the Baltic nations to join the contest. On their debut, Brainstorm finished in 3rd place with the song “My Star”. Latvia won the contest for the first and only time in 2002, with Marie N’s “I Wanna”. Latvia only participated in 2002 thanks to the withdrawal of Portugal from the contest, as Latvia’s poor result in 2001 had relegated them from the 2002 contest. Latvia struggled in to the contest after 2002, failing to qualify for the final for six years between 2009 and 2014. In 2015 and 2016 Latvia has finished 6th and 15th in the final respectively.