Bugo & Morgan were disqualified from Festival di Sanremo midway through the show yesterday evening.
Bugo & Morgan were disqualified from competing in the 70th edition of Festival di Sanremo yesterday evening. The duo were disqualified from the competition after a very public falling out between the two singers.
Morgan opened the performance of ‘Sincero’ last night with new lyrics from previous performances. The lyrics that Morgan sang insulted Bugo saying that he was showing “ingrattitude. arrogance, and his bad intention”. he went on to call Bugo to “respect the stage and the person who brought him there”. Bugo left the stage and did not return.
Twenty three artists remain in the competition and will be performing in the final night this evening:
- Achille Lauro – Me ne frego
- Alberto Urso – Il sole ad est
- Anastasio – Rosso di rabbia
- Diodato – Fai rumore
- Elettra Lamborghini – Musica e il resto scompare
- Elodie – Andromeda
- Enrico Nigiotti – Baciami adesso
- Francesco Gabbani – Viceversa
- Giordana Angi – Come mia madre
- Irene Grandi – Finalmente io
- Junior Cally – No grazie
- Le Vibrazioni – Dov’è
- Levante – Tiki Bom Bom
- Marco Masini – Il confronto
- Michele Zarrillo – Nell’estasi o nel fango
- Paolo Jannacci – Voglio parlarti adesso
- Piero Pelù – Gigante
- Pinguini Tattici Nucleari – Ringo Starr
- Rancore – Eden
- Raphael Gualazzi – Carioca
- Riki – Lo sappiamo entrambi
- Rita Pavone – Niente (Resilienza 74)
- Tosca – Ho amato tutto
Source: ESC Bubble
Italy debuted in the Eurovision Song Contest in 1956 and has participated a total of 42 times to date. Italy returned to the Eurovision Song Contest in 2011 having last participated in the contest in 1997, the country has withdrawn from the contest on a number of occasions in the past. Italy has won the contest twice, the first time being in 1964 and the latest being in 1990. Italy’s hosting of the contest in 1991 has been remembered as one of the most chaotic contests to date. Since their return in 2011 Italy has finished in the top 10 on seven occasions.