Tonight Israel and Italy are in action, with Israel selecting the artist that will represent them at the Eurovision Song Contest 2020.
The schedule for this evening is:
- Israel – HaKokhav HaBa L’Eurovizion – Final – 20:00 CET
- Italy – Festival di Sanremo – Night One – 20:30 CET
Israel – HaKokhav HaBa L’Eurovizion – Final – 20:00 CET
Four artists are competing this evening to represent Israel at the Eurovision Song Contest in Rotterdam, the Netherlands.
Following months of shows tonight the Israeli representative for the 2020 Eurovision Song Contest will be determined. The show will follow the same format as the Semi-Finals with the jury and public selecting the winner. The four artists are:
- Eden Alene
- Ella-Lee Lahav
- Gaya Shaki
- Or Amrami-Brockman
In the first round the four artists are split into two duels, the act that receives the lowest score from the jury in this round will be knocked out. The three finalists will perform again, with the public and jury voting to select the winner. The singer who receives the highest score will represent Israel in Rotterdam.
Italy – Festival di Sanremo – Night One – 20:30 CET
The 70th edition of Festival di Sanremo commences this evening, with twelve artists competing in the Campioni category.
Night one of the 70th edition of Festival di Sanremo takes place this evening. A total of twelve artists are competing in the Campioni category, with the winner going on to represent Italy at the Eurovision Song Contest. Voting this evening is entirely determined by a demoscopic jury, at the end of the evening the ranking of the twelve acts will be revealed.
The twelve artists and the songs they are competing with are:
- Achille Lauro – Me ne frego (I don’t care)
- Alberto Urso – Il sole ad est (The sun to the east)
- Anastasio – Rosso di rabbia (Red with anger)
- Bugo e Morgan – Sincero (Sincere)
- Diodato – Fai rumore (Make noise)
- Elodie – Andromeda
- Irene Grandi – Finalmente io (Finally I)
- Le Vibrazioni – Dov’è (Where is it)
- Raphael Gualazzi – Carioca
- Riki – Lo sappiamo entrambi (We both know it)
- Rita Pavone – Niente (Resilienza 74) (Nothing (Resilience 74))
- Tosca – Ho amato tutto (I loved everything)