Four countries are in action today as Sweden and Moldova start their Eurovision 2020 selections as we journey towards Rotterdam
Lithuania, Norway, Sweden and Moldova are in action today as the journey towards the 2020 Eurovision Song Contest continues. Sweden and Moldova commence their Eurovision selections with the first Semi-Final of Melodifestivalen and a live auditions round in Chisinau.
The schedule for tonight is as follows:
- Moldova – Live Auditions – 14:00 CET
- Norway – Melodi Grand Prix – Semi-Final Four – 19:50 CET
- Lithuania – Pabandom iš naujo – Semi-Final One – 20:00 CET
- Sweden – Melodifestivalen – Semi-Final One – 20:00 CET
Thirty six acts are competing today for a chance to represent Moldova at the Eurovision Song Contest 2020.
Live auditions are being held today in Chisinau, Moldova as thirty six acts perform for a jury of music professionals. The live auditions are being held to determine whether Moldova will hold a televised selection process, or if today’s jury will internally select the Moldovan entrant for Rotterdam.
The jury will not be scoring any of the auditions today on the staging of the performance, instead they will be focusing the melodic line, the originality of the song, the vocal performance and the actual interpretation. You can follow the auditions live from 14:00 CET, the thirty six acts are:
- Maria Ciolac – Our home
- Viorela Moraru – Remedy
- Dima Jelezoglo – Do it slow
- LANJERON – Hi Five
- Nicolae Untilă – Call me please
- Vovian – 10 minuni în Moldova (10 miracles in Moldova)
- Maxim Zavidia – Take control
- Valentin Uzun & Irina Kovalsky – Moldovița
- Diana Popa – Believe me
- Danny Cruise – My love
- Olea Roșu – Alive
- Catarina Sandu – Die for you
- Ray Barc – I’m shy
- Tudor Bumbac – Te-am văzut în vis pe tine (I saw you in a dream)
- Geta Burlacu – Răspunde (Reply)
- Sasha Bognibov – Big brother
- Katerina S – We are done
- Sasha Letty – Summer of Love
- Live Beat – Love me now
- Valeria Pașa – It’s time
- Liusia Znamensky – Love no more
- Julia Ilienko ft. Mishel Dar – Tears
- Natalia Gordienko – Prison
- Petronela Donciu & Portărescu Andreea – We will be legend
- Carolina Racoviță – Dancing in the sunrise
- Angel Kiss – My Own Queen
- Angel Kiss – You are my dance
- Lavinia Rusu – Touch
- Irina Kit – Chain Rection
- Alexandru Cibotaru – Cine te-a făcut să plângi (Who made you cry)
- Denis Midone – Like a champion
- Pasha Parfeny – My wine
- Lave – Wildfire
- Diana Brescan – Let’s go together
- Diana Rotaru – Dale dale (Do it, do it)
- Pelageya Stefoglo – Empathy
Norway – Melodi Grand Prix – Semi-Final Four – 19:50 CET
It is the turn of Western Norway this evening as the fourth Semi-Final of Melodi Grand Prix 2020 takes place.
Four acts from Western Norway will be taking to the stage this evening as the 60th edition of Melodi Grand Prix continues. The acts are competing for just one place in the final of Melodi Grand Prix on February 15. The four acts competing this evening are:
The artists are:
- Hege Bjerk – Pang
- Magnus Bokn – Over the Sea
- Nordic Tenors – In This Special Place
- Oda Loves You – Love Who We Love
The four acts will be drawn into two duels live on stage, from each duel one winner will be crowned. The winners of each duel will then meet in the ‘Gold Duel’ with the winner going to the final of Melodi Grand Prix 2020 on February 15. The results will be entirely determined by online voting.
Ulrikke, who has pre-qualified for the final alongside four other acts, will also be performing the song “Attention”.
Sweden – Melodifestivalen 2020 – Semi-Final One – 20:00 CET
The first Semi-Final of Melodifestivalen 2020 will take place this evening in Linköping, with seven acts taking to the stage.
Among the line-up are The Mamas, who were backing singers for John Lundvik at the 2019 contest, Robin Bengtsson, who represented the country in 2017, and former Melodifestivalen stars such as Felix Sandman and Malou Prytz.
Competing in the first semi-final are:
- The Mamas – Move
- Suzi P – Moves
- Robin Bengtsson – Take a Chance
- Malou Prytz – Ballerina
- OVÖ – Inga Problem
- Sonja Aldén – Sluta Aldrig Gå
- Felix Sandman – Boys With Emotions
Two acts will qualify directly to the Grand Final in the Friends Arena, in Stockholm on March 7th, while two acts will make it through to the Second Chance round (Andra Chansen) in Eskilstuna on February 29th.
Lithuania – Pabandom iš naujo – Semi-Final One – 20:00 CET
The Semi-Finals of Pabandom iš naujo commence this evening with nine acts competing for a place in the Grand Final.
Nine acts are returning to the stage of the Lithuanian selection process hoping to convince the jury and public, that they deserve a place in the Grand Final. Four artists will qualify for the Grand Final this evening, the nine competing acts tonight are:
- KaYra – “Alligator”
- Viktorija Miškūnaitė – “The Ocean”
- Baltos varnos – “Namų dvasia”
- Rūta Loop – “We Came From Sun”
- Gabrielius Vagelis – “Tave čia randu”
- The Roop – “On Fire”
- Krisitna Jure – “My Sound of Silence”
- Alen Chicco – “Somewhere Out There”
- Aistė Pilvelytė – “Everlastingly”
Changes have been made to the voting process for the jury in this years selection. The jury will no longer comment on all performances and will view the performances in a separate space outside the studio. In addition, the public vote will no longer be shown during the show, with the results only known at the end of the show.