Twelve artists have qualified to the live finals of Belarus’ selection for this year’s Eurovision Song Contest.
Following this morning’s live auditions, Belarusian broadcaster BTRC have revealed the twelve artists who will compete in their national final for the 2020 Eurovision Song Contest. 49 artists auditioned in front of an expert panel earlier today.
- Anastasiya Glamozda – Burning again
- Darya Khmelnitskaya – On Fire
- AURA – Барані сваё (Forbid them)
- VAL – Да вiдна (Until dawn)
- Angelika Pushnova – True Love
- NAPOLI – Dоn’t let me down
- Sasha Zakharik – Rocky Road
- KeyCi – Chili Pepper
- Yan Yaroche – Fire
- Anastasiya Razvadovskaya – Hello
- CHAKRAS – La-ley-la
- Anastasiya Malashkevich – Invisible
The national final will take place no later than March 6th, although the official date has not yet been revealed. Unlike last year, where the jury alone decided the winner, a mixture of public voting (50%) and jury voting (50%) will decide the Belarusian entrant for Eurovision 2020. In case of a tie, the jury vote will take preference.
Belarus debuted in the Eurovision Song Contest in 2004 and has made it to the final on five occasions. Belarus’ best result in the contest came in 2007 when Dmitry Koldun finished 6th in the final with a total of 145 points. In total Belarus has qualified for the Eurovision final six times in sixteen attempts.