Six artists have qualified to the semi-finals from the first heat of Pabandom iš naujo 2020.
The first heat of the newly named Lithuanian Eurovision selection Pabandom iš naujo took place tonight in Vilnius. The show was hosted by Gabrielė Martirosian, Giedrius Masalskis and Ieva Zasimauskaitė, who represented Lithuania in 2018. Twelve acts took part in tonight’s heat with the top six moving on to the semi-finals.
The results of tonight’s show were decided by a combination of in-studio jury voting (50%) and public voting (50%). The jury no longer comment on all performances and view the performances in a separate space outside the studio. In addition, the public vote is no longer shown during the show, with the results only known at the end of the show.
The results of Heat One are as follows (Jury+Televote):
- Glossarium – Game Over – (4+2) – 8th
- Baltos Varnos – Namų dvasia – (10+10) 2nd
- Justinas Lapatinskas – Highway Story (1+0) – 10th
- Aistay – Dangus man tu – (2+3) – 9th
- Petunija – Show Ya – (6+5) – 6th
- Lukas Norkūnas – Atsiprašyk – (0+0) – 12th
- Donata Virbilaitė – Made of Wax – (0+1) – 11th
- Andy Vaic – Why Why Why – (5+7) – 5th
- Aika – Paradas – (3+4) – 7th
- Meandi – DRIP – (8+8) – 3rd
- Monika Marija – If I Leave – (12+12) – 1st
- Gabrielius Vagelis – Tave čia randu – (7+6) – 4th
Lithuania in the Eurovision Song Contest
Lithuania debuted in the Eurovision Song Contest in 1994, however on their debut they finished in last place with nul points. Lithuania didn’t return to the contest until 1999 when Aiste finished 20th with the song “Strazdas”. Lithuania’s best result came in 2006 when LT United performed “We Are The Winners”; they finished 6th in the final with a total of 162 points. Lithuania’s only other top 10 finish came in 2016 when Donny Montell performed “I’ve Been Waiting For This Night” in Stockholm, he received 12 points from the public in Ireland, Norway & United Kingdom.