A number of singers including Donny Montell and Lolita Zero have ruled out participating in the Lithuanian selection for Eurovision 2020.
Two time Eurovision participant Donny Montell is among a number of acts to rule out taking part in Eurovizijos, the Lithuanian selection process for the Eurovision Song Contest. With song submissions still open until December 8, the following acts have ruled out trying to represent Lithuania in Rotterdam:
- Erica Jennings – Represented Lithuania at the Eurovision Song Contest 2001
- Ruta Ščiogolevaitė – Participated multiple times in the Lithuanian selection process
- Jurgis Brūzga – Finished 2nd in the Lithuanian selection in 2018
- Donny Montell – Represented Lithuania at Eurovision 2012 and 2016
- Lolita Zero – Finished 4th in the final of the Lithuanian selection in 2017
- Jurgis Didžiulis – Represented Lithuania at the Eurovision Song Contest 2010
- Sasha Song – Represented Lithuania at the 2009 Eurovision Song Contest
The Lithuanian national broadcaster has previously announced changes to its Eurovision selection process for 2020. The broadcaster is shortening the selection process to six shows running from mid-January to the end of February. Furthermore, the number of songs that artists can compete with has been limited to just one.
Lithuania debuted in the Eurovision Song Contest in 1994, however on their debut they finished in last place with nul points. Lithuania didn’t return to the contest until 1999 when Aiste finished 20th with the song “Strazdas”. Lithuania’s best result came in 2006 when LT United performed “We Are The Winners”; they finished 6th in the final with a total of 162 points. Lithuania’s only other top 10 finish came in 2016 when Donny Montell performed “I’ve Been Waiting For This Night” in Stockholm, he received 12 points from the public in Ireland, Norway & United Kingdom.