The Junior Eurovision Song Contest 2019 will be broadcast on TV in Lithuania for the first time since 2011.
TVP, the Polish national broadcaster, is set to broadcast the Junior Eurovision Song Contest 2019 live to viewers in Lithuania. Viewers in the Święciniec, Solecznicki and Vilnius regions of Lithuania will be able to watch the competition on TVP Wilno.
TVP Wilno was launched in September 2019 to cater for the Polish speaking audience in Lithuania. TVP is broadcasting the contest across three other channels; TVP ABC, TVP Polonia and TVP 1.
Lithuania participated in the Junior Eurovision Song Contest between 2007 to 2008 and 2010 to 2011. Lithuania’s best result was a third place finish at the 2008 contest in Cyprus. LRT withdrew from the contest due to financial issues.
The nineteen nations taking part in the Junior Eurovision Song Contest 2019 are:
- Albania – Isea Çili – Mikja ime fëmijëri
- Armenia – Karina Ignatyan – Colours Of Your Dream
- Australia – Jordan Anthony – We Will Rise
- Belarus – Liza Misnikova – Pepelny (Ashen)
- France – Carla – Bim Bam Toi
- Georgia – Giorgi Rostiashvili – We Need Love
- Ireland – Anna Kearney – Banshee
- Italy – Marta Viola – La Voce Della Terra
- Kazakhstan – Yerzhan Maxim – Armanyńnan Qalma
- Malta – Eliana Gomez Blanco – We Are More
- Netherlands – Matheu – Dans Met Jou
- North Macedonia – Mila Moskov – Fire
- Poland – Viki Gabor – Superhero
- Portugal – Joana Almeida – Vem Comigo (Come With Me)
- Russia – Tatyana Mezhentseva and Denberel Oorzhak – A Time For Us
- Serbia – Darija Vračević – Podigni Glas (Raise Your Voice)
- Spain – Melani Garcia – Marte
- Ukraine – Sophia Ivanko – The Spirit of Music
- Wales – Erin Mai – Calon yn Curo (Heart Beating)
Source: TVP Wilno