The Opening Ceremony for the Junior Eurovision Song Contest 2019 takes place today in Katowice, Poland.
The Junior Eurovision Song Contest 2019 officially commences today, with the Opening Ceremony in Katowice. The representatives of the nineteen competing nations will take to the red carpet at the Silesian Theatre.
The Opening Ceremony will start at 16:00 CET and will be hosted by Mateusz Szymkowiak. The ceremony will feature performances from boyband 4Dreamers and the Song and Dance Ensemble Śląsk.
All of the delegations will be welcomed to Silesia by the Executive Supervisor of Junior Eurovision Jon Ola Sand, and the Head of TVP Jacek Kurski as well as last years winner Roksana Węgiel.
During the ceremony the position in which Poland will perform will be drawn. The host nations position in the running order is determined by a random draw, as will the nations opening and closing the show.
The nineteen nations taking part in the Junior Eurovision Song Contest 2019 are:
- Albania – Isea Çili – Mikja ime fëmijëri
- Armenia – Karina Ignatyan – Colours Of Your Dream
- Australia – Jordan Anthony – We Will Rise
- Belarus – Liza Misnikova – Pepelny (Ashen)
- France – Carla – Bim Bam Toi
- Georgia – Giorgi Rostiashvili – We Need Love
- Ireland – Anna Kearney – Banshee
- Italy – Marta Viola – La Voce Della Terra
- Kazakhstan – Yerzhan Maxim – Armanyńnan Qalma
- Malta – Eliana Gomez Blanco – We Are More
- Netherlands – Matheu – Dans Met Jou
- North Macedonia – Mila Moskov – Fire
- Poland – Mila Moskov – Fire
- Portugal – Joana Almeida – Vem Comigo (Come With Me)
- Russia – Tatyana Mezhentseva and Denberel Oorzhak – A Time For Us
- Serbia – Darija Vračević – Podigni Glas (Raise Your Voice)
- Spain – Melani Garcia – Marte
- Ukraine – Sophia Ivanko – The Spirit of Music
- Wales – Erin Mai – Calon yn Curo (Heart Beating)
Follow the Opening Ceremony live from Katowice below: