The EBU has released the final list of television channels and radio stations that will be broadcasting Eurovision Choir 2019.
All ten of the competing nations in Eurovision Choir 2019 will be broadcasting the contest on the night of the contest. The EBU has revealed the full list of television channels and radio stations that will broadcast the show to what is expected to be an audience of over 1 million viewers across Europe.
- Belgium – La Trois – 20:30 CEST
- Denmark – DR1 – 20:30 CEST
- Germany – WDR – 20:15 CEST (15 minute pre-show)
- Latvia – LTV 1 – 20:25 CEST
- Norway – NRK1 – 20:20 CEST (10 minute pre-show)
- Scotland – BBC Alba – 19:30 BST
- Slovenia – RTV 1 – 20:40 CEST (10 minute delay)
- Sweden – SVT 2 – 20:30 CEST
- Switzerland – RTS Un – 20:30 CEST
- Wales – S4C – 19:00 BST (30 minute pre-show)
- Belgium – Musiq3
- Norway – NRK Klassik
Of note is that Eurovision Choir 2019 is being broadcast as live. This means that the contest actually starts at 20:00 CEST, and will not start being broadcast until 20:30 CEST. This is to cut European Choir Games content for the broadcaster, as well as allow the jury to decide the three finalists and the winner off air.
Eurovision Choir 2019 takes place on August 3 in Gothenburg, Sweden. The running order for the show is as follows:
- Sweden – Zero8
- Belgium – Almakalia
- Latvia – Koris Maska
- Germany – Bonnvoice
- Norway – Volve Vokal
- Denmark – Vocal Line
- Scotland – Alba
- Slovenia – Jazzva
- Switzerland – Cake O’Phonie
- Wales – Ysgol Gerdd Ceredigion
This years competition will see the debuts of Norway, Scotland, Sweden and Switzerland at the competition. For Scotland it will be the first time that the nation has made an appearance at a Eurovision contest, following in the footsteps of Wales who made their first appearance in 2017.
The show which will be held in Gothenburg will be hosted by Petroc Trelawny and Ella Petersson. Petroc hosted Eurovision Young Musicians 2018 when it was held in Edinburgh, while Ella is a TV host for SVT’s cultural programming.