The full list of entries in the OGAE Second Chance Contest 2019 has been released. The contest is being organised in the city of Udine in northern Italy after Annalisa won last year’s contest with “Il mondo prima di te”. This was Italy’s third win in the contest’s history.
The OGAE Second Chance has been held every year since 1987 among the national branches of OGAE, the official Eurovision fan club. Songs that did not their country’s national selection are eligible to take part in the contest. Members of the fan clubs then vote for their favourite songs.
24 songs will take part in this year’s contest. San Marino, Malta, Belarus, Switzerland and Poland have all withdrawn from the contest. Croatia and Moldova (represented through OGAE Rest of the World) are both returning to the contest after last competing in 2011 and 2015 respectively. Australia will be competing for the first time, having previously only taken part as a guest jury.
The running order for the contest is as follows:
- Croatia: Lorena – “Tower of Babylon”
- Czech Republic: Barbora Mochowa – “True Colours”
- Hungary: The Middletonz – “Roses”
- Latvia: Edgars Kreilis – “Cherry Absinthe”
- Denmark: Julie and Nina – “League of Light”
- Albania: Mirud – “Nënë”
- Estonia: Lumevärv feat. Inga – “Milline päev”
- Sweden: Anna Bergendahl – “Ashes to Ashes”
- Portugal: Surma – “Pugna”
- Moldova: Maxim Zavidia – “I Will Not Surrender”
- Finland: Darude feat Sebastian Rejman – “Superman”
- Norway: Mørland – “En livredd mann”
- Iceland: Friðrik Ómar – “Hvað ef ég get ekki elskað?”
- Romania: Bella Santiago – “Army of Love”
- Ukraine: Kazka – “Apart”
- France: Seemone – “Tous les deux”
- Serbia: Ivana Vladović & Wonder Strings – “Moja bol”
- Germany: Aly Ryan – “Wear Your Love”
- United Kingdom: Kerrie-Anne – “Sweet Lies”
- Australia: Electric Fields – “2000 and Whatever”
- Spain: María Villar – “Muérdeme”
- Italy: Il Volo – “Musica che resta”
- Slovenia: Ula Ložar- “Fridays”
- Lithuania: Monika Marija – “Light On”
Also voting in the contest are guest juries. These guest juries are from countries that did not have a national selection for this year’s Eurovision Song Contest or did not take part in the contest at all.
Voting is now open for all clubs that are participating as competitors or as guest juries. The results will be revealed later in the year.
Source: OGAE Italy