The Romanian national broadcaster, TVR, has revealed the full results of the televoting from the final of Selectia Nationala 2019.
TVR has revealed the full results of the televoting for Selectia Nationala 2019, showing that Ester Peony received a total of 356 votes out of a total of 11,169 votes cast during the Romanian final. Overall the singer who will represent Romania in Tel Aviv received 3.19% of the televote on the night, compared
The full results of the televote were as follows:
- Laura Bretan – 4,685 votes – 12 points
- Trooper – 1,425 votes – 10 points
- Bella Santiago – 1,161 votes – 8 points
- Vaida – 988 votes – 7 points
- Linda Teodosiu – 771 votes – 6 points
- Letitia Moisescu & Sensibil Balkan – 572 votes – 5 points
- Aldo Blaga – 455 votes- 4 points
- Ester Peony – 356 votes- 3 points
- DYA & Lucian Colareza – 332 votes – 2 points
- Olivier Kaye – 151 votes – 1 point
- Teodora Dinu – 139 votes – 0 points
- Claudiu Mirea – 134 votes – 0 points
Since winning Selectia Nationala 2019, Ester Peony has been subject to intense criticism and speculation from the Romanian press. The Romanian Parliament discussed her victory which was decided by 7/8 International Jury and 1/8 public vote. An investigation was held following reports in the Romanian media that the song was guilty of plagiarism, but the Romanian broadcaster TVR cleared it.
Romania will participate in the first half of the second semi-final of Eurovision 2019 which will be held in Tel Aviv on 16 May 2019. Last year, the country failed to qualify for the grand final in Lisbon for the first time in Eurovision history when The Humans performed “Goodbye.”
Romania first participated in the Eurovision Song Contest in 1994, the country had tried to participate in 1993 but failed to get through the pre-qualifying round. At the 1994 contest Dan Bittman finished 21st in the final scoring 14 points, Romania didn’t make it through to another final until 1998. Romania’s best results in the contest are two third place finishes. In 2005 Luminita Anghel & Sistem finished 3rd scoring 158 points, while Paula Seling & Ovi finished 3rd in Oslo with the song “Playing with Fire”. Romania missed the 2016 contest due to TVR being removed from the EBU.