Reto Peritz the Head of Delegation for Switzerland has been elected as the latest member of the Eurovision Song Contest Reference Group.
The Swiss Head of Delegation Reto Peritz, has been elected as the latest member of the Eurovision Song Contest Reference Group. Mr Peritz will replace Emilie Sickinghe of the Netherlands who will step down from the role after the 2019 Eurovision Song Contest in Tel Aviv, Israel.
Ten candidates stood for the election for the three roles that are voted upon by the members of the European Broadcasting Union. According to Eurofestival News, Nicola Caligiore who retained his seat in the group received the highest number of votes. While Aleksandar Radic of Slovenia also retained his seat on the reference group.
The current reference group up until the 2019 Eurovision Song Contest is as follows:
- Dr Frank-Dieter Freiling – ZDF (Germany) – Chairman
- Jon Ola Sand – Executive Supervisor of the Eurovision Song Contest
- Nicola Cagliore – RAI (Italy) – Elected
- Carla Bugalho – RTP (Portugal) – Eurovision 2018 Executive Producer
- Aleksandar Radic – RTVSLO (Slovenia) – Elected
- Emilie Sickinghe – AVROTROS (Netherlands) – Elected
- Zivit Davidovitch – KAN (Israel) – Eurovison 2019 Executive Producer
- Rachel Ashdown – BBC (United Kingdom)- Appointed
- Jan Lagermand Lundme – DR (Denmark)- Invited
Tel Aviv will host the Eurovision Song Contest 2019 in the Expo Tel Aviv (International Convention Centre) on May 14, 16 and 18 2019. After receiving bids from several cities across Israel, the final two remaining candidate cities were Tel Aviv and Jerusalem. KAN recommended Tel Aviv to the Reference Group.
Source: ESC Today