Anna Odobescu has been chosen as the winner of O Melodie Pentru Europa 2019 and will represent Moldova at this years Eurovision Song Contest.
The final of O Melodie Pentru Europa 2019 has just come to a close and Anna Odobescu will represent Moldova at this years Eurovision Song Contest. They were one of ten artists to take to the stage this evening in Chisnau, competing to represent Moldova in Tel Aviv. Due to technical problems during her performance, Vera Țurcanu performed again after all the songs had been performed.
The full results of the show were as follows (jury + public voting):
- Aurel Chirtoacă – La cinema – 5 points (3 + 2) 8th
- Vera Țurcanu – Cold – 15 points (8 +7) 4th
- Marcela Scripcaru – Meteor – 5 points (4 + 1) 7th
- Siaj – Olimp – 5 points (2 + 3) 9th
- Maxim Zavidia – I will not surrender – 17 points (5 + 12) 2nd
- Diana Brescan – Lies – 15 points (10 + 5) 3rd
- Tinna Gi – Virus – 12 points (6 + 6) 6th
- Limonique – Gravity – 15 points (7 + 8) 5th
- Anna Odobescu – Stay – 22 points (12 + 10) 1st
- Che MD – Sub Pămînt – 9 points (8 + 1) 10th
Daniela Crudu, Doina Stimpovschii, Elena Bancila and Iurie Gologan hosted the show this evening in Chisinau. With the winner of the Moldovan selection process determined by 50% public televote and 50% jury voting.
DoReDos who represented Moldova in 2018 returned to the shows stage for the opening. While past Moldovan Eurovision entrants Nelly Ciobanu, Cristina Scarlat and Geta Burlacu were among the guest performers. Ester Peony who will represent Romania at Eurovision 2019 also promoted her entry “On a Sunday” on the show.
Moldova debuted in the Eurovision Song Contest in 2005 when the contest was held in Kyiv, Ukraine. In 2005 Moldova debuted in the contest alongside Bulgaria, while that year Hungary also returned to the contest having been absent since 1998. Moldova was in its worse run of results in their history in the contest, having failed to make it to the final between 2014 and 2016. Moldova finished 3rd at the 2017 contest in Kyiv, Ukraine marking the best result to date for the country.