The full televoting results from the Grand Final of Eesti Laul 2019 have been released by ERR.
The Estonian national broadcaster has released the full televoting results from the Grand Final of Eesti Laul 2019. It has emerged that if Sissi had received 1 more point in the jury voting, Victor Crone would have been knocked out of the final. Victor Crone would have instead been replaced by Sissi in the super final.
The results of the first part of the final were as follows:
- Stefan – Without You – 70 jury – 6,132 votes
- Uku Suviste – Pretty Liar – 36 jury – 8,987 votes
- Victor Crone – Storm – 25 jury – 15,513 votes
- Sissi – Strong – 46 jury – 2,990 votes
- Lumevärv ft. INGA – Milline päev – 46 jury – 2,188 votes
- INGER – Coming Home – 24 jury – 6,904 votes
- The Swingers, Tanja & Birgit – High Heels In The Neighbourhood – 26 jury – 2,737 votes
- Sandra Nursalu – Soovide puu – 40 jury – 1,914 votes
- Kerli Kivilaan – Cold Love – 43 jury – 1,481 votes
- Kadiah – Believe – 25 jury – 2,287 votes
- Synne Valtri – I’ll Do It My Way – 4 jury – 2,323 votes
- xtra basic & Emily J – Hold Me Close – 21 jury – 1,440 votes
The results of the Super Final were as follows:
- Victor Crone – Storm – 23,270 votes
- Uku Suviste – Pretty Liar – 15,498 votes
- Stefan – Without You – 12,380 votes
ERR has not released the full voting results from the semi-finals of Eesti Laul. However it revealed that Victor Crone’s “Storm” won the first semi-final with 6346 votes. While Uku Suviste won semi-final two with the song “Pretty Little Liar” receiving 4635 votes.
Who is Victor Crone?
Victor Crone is from the north of Stockholm, and first came to the public attention in 2015. He attempted to represent Sweden at the Eurovision Song Contest in 2015 alongside Behrang Miri with “Det rår vi inte för” but was knocked out in the Andra Chansen round.
In 2019 he entered Eesti Laul after ERR allowed international singers perform in the contest again. Victor will be performing the song “Storm” which was written by Stig Rästa, Vallo Kikas and himself.
Estonia debuted in the Eurovision Song Contest in 1994 alongside six other countries. At the contest in Dublin they were represented by Silvi Vrait, who finished 2nd last scoring just 2 points. In 2001 Estonia won the Eurovision Song Contest for the only time to date. They were represented by Tanel Padar, Dave Benton & 2XL, who performed the song “Everybody” and took a surprise victory in Copenhagen. After the success of the late-90s and early 00s, Estonia failed to qualify for the final from 2004-2008. In 2009 Estonia launched a new selection show, Eesti Laul, and has since qualified for the final six out of ten attempts.