The second semi-final of Eurovizijos has just finished, with the line-up for the final of the Lithuanian selection now determined.
Twelve artists took to the stage this evening in Lithuania, all vying for a place in the Grand Final next weekend. The participants were voted upon this evening by a jury as well as the Lithuanian public, the combined results determined the artists who qualified.
- Šarūnas Mačiulis – Traukinys – 9th
- Aldegunda – I Want Your Love – 8th
- JurgisDID & Erica Jennings – Sing! – 4th
- Original Copy – Power of Sounds – 10th
- Paola Hart – I’ll Be Alright – 11th
- Antikvariniai Kašpirovskio Dantys – Mažulė – 2nd
- MaNNazz – Blind Bird – 6th
- Jurijus – Run With The Lions – 1st
- Soliaris & Foreign Souls – Song of My Life – 7th
- Živilė Gedvilaitė – Learn From Your Love – 12th
- Allen Chicco – Your Cure – 5th
- Monika Marija – Criminal – 3rd
The four acts who qualified for the final last week were:
- Jurgis Brūzga – CTRL ALT DELETE
- Justina Budaitė-Junà – Strength of A Woman
- Henry & Tommy Modric – Neverpart
- Monika Marija – Light On
The final, composed of eight finalists, will take place on February 23rd. The winner of the show will get the golden ticket to Tel Aviv, where they will be representing Lithuania at the Eurovision Song Contest 2019.
Tonight’s show was hosted by Gabriele Martirosianaite and Giedrius Masalskis and the judging panel consisted of Ramūnas Zilnys, Vilius Alesius, and Jurga Šeduikytė.
Lithuania debuted in the Eurovision Song Contest in 1994, however on their debut they finished in last place with nul points. Lithuania didn’t return to the contest until 1999 when Aiste finished 20th with the song “Strazdas”. Lithuania’s best result came in 2006 when LT United performed “We Are The Winners”; they finished 6th in the final with a total of 162 points. Lithuania’s only other top.10 finish came in 2016 when Donny Montell performed “I’ve Been Waiting For This Night” in Stockholm, he received 12 points from the public in Ireland, Norway & United Kingdom.