Victor Crone has won Eesti Laul 2019 and will represent Estonia in the Eurovision Song Contest 2019 in Tel Aviv with the song “Storm”.
The final of Eesti Laul 2019 has just finished in Estonia, and x has been selected to represent the nation on stage in Tel Aviv, Israel. After two semi-final, twelve artists took to the stage this evening in Tallinn, all vying to represent Estonia at Eurovision.
The results of tonight’s show are listed below:
- Victor Crone – ‘Storm’ – Winner of Superfinal & Show
- Uku Suviste – ‘Pretty Little Liar’ – Superfinal
- Stefan – ‘Without You’ – Superfinal
The winner of tonight’s show was decided by two rounds. In the first round, the 12 acts were evaluated by the public and an international jury panel. The public and the jury each had a 50% say in selecting three artists who qualified for the next round. The three artists then moved onto the next round, the Superfinal. The final vote was decided by the Estonian public.
Many guest stars performed in the show, including:
- Elina Nechayeva – Represented Estonia at the 2018 contest with “La Forza”
- Getter Jaani – Represented Estonia at the 2011 contest with “Rockerfeller Street”
- Ivo Linna – Represented Estonia alongside Maarja-Liis Ilus at the 1996 contest with “Kaelakee Hääl”.
Estonia debuted in the Eurovision Song Contest in 1994 alongside six other countries. At the contest in Dublin they were represented by Silvi Vrait, who finished 2nd last scoring just 2 points. In 2001 Estonia won the Eurovision Song Contest for the only time to date. They were represented by Tanel Padar, Dave Benton & 2XL, who performed the song “Everybody” and took a surprise victory in Copenhagen. After the success of the late-90s and early 00s, Estonia failed to qualify for the final from 2004-2008. In 2009 Estonia launched a new selection show, Eesti Laul, and has since qualified for the final six out of ten attempts.