Netta the winner of the Eurovision Song Contest 2018 will be performing at the final of Selectia National 2019 in Bucharest.
TVR has revealed that Netta the winner of last years Eurovision Song Contest will be performing at the final of Selectia Nationala. The singer had been rumored for the past week to be appearing at the selection. Netta has already made appearances at the national selections of France and the United Kingdom.
Netta said in a statement that;
the Invitation to sing at Selectia Nationala honors me. I look forward to the Bucharest performance and the party with all the incredible people waiting for me there. It’s gonna be a great night!
the order in which the 12 artists will perform in the final of the 2019 edition of Selecia Nationala was determined by a draw. The final will take place this Sunday, February 17th.
The running order is as follows:
- Linda Teodosiu – Renegades
- Olivier Kaye – Right Now
- Laura Bretan – Dear Father
- Teodora Dinu – Skyscraper
- Claudia Mirea – We Are the Ones
- Aldo Blaga – Your Journey
- Ester Peony – On a Sunday
- Letitia Moisescu & Sensibil Balkan – D A I N A
- Bella Santiago – Army of Love
- Trooper – Destin
- DYA & Lucian Colareza – Without You (Sin Ti)
- Vaida – Underground
The international jury was also revealed yesterday by TVR. The jury has a 50% say in the results. The jury members are:
- Emmelie de Forest – Winner of the Eurovision Song Contest 2013
- Tali Eshkoli – Head of Event & Content at Eurovision 2019
- William Lee Adams
- Deban Aderemi
- Serban Cazan – Music Producer
- Alex Calancea – Musician, Producer and Composer
Emmelie de Forest and Inis Neziri will also perform in the interval of the show. The winner of Selectia Nationala 2019 will be selected by 50% International Jury and 50% public televote.
Romania first participated in the Eurovision Song Contest in 1994, the country had tried to participate in 1993 but failed to get through the pre-qualifying round. At the 1994 contest Dan Bittman finished 21st in the final scoring 14 points, Romania didn’t make it through to another final until 1998. Romania’s best results in the contest are two third place finishes. In 2005 Luminita Anghel & Sistem finished 3rd scoring 158 points, while Paula Seling & Ovi finished 3rd in Oslo with the song “Playing with Fire”. Romania missed the 2016 contest due to TVR being removed from the EBU.