The members of the international jury for the Grand Final of Selectia Nationala 2019 have been revealed by TVR.
TVR has revealed the six members of the International Jury who will have a fifty percent say in the results of the Grand Final of Selectia National 2019. The jury members are:
- Emmelie de Forest – Winner of the Eurovision Song Contest 2013
- Tali Eshkoli – Head of Event & Content at Eurovision 2019
- William Lee Adams
- Deban Aderemi
- Serban Cazan – Music Producer
- Alex Calancea – Musician, Producer and Composer
A total of 12 artists will be taking to the stage in Bucharest for the Grand Final:
- Trooper – “Destin”
- Teodora Dinu – “Skyscraper”
- Dya and Lucian Colareza – “Without You (Sin ti)”
- Vaida – “Underground”
- Claudiu Mirea – “We Are the Ones”
- Bella Santiago – “Army of Love”
- Aldo Blaga – Your journey
- Letitia Moisescu & Sensibil Balkan – Daina
- Laura Bretan – Dear Father
- Ester Peony – On a Sunday
- Linda Teodosiu – Renegades
- Olivier Kaye – Right now
The winner of Selectia Nationala 2019 will be selected by 50% International Jury and 50% public televote. The Grand Final takes place this Sunday evening.
Romania first participated in the Eurovision Song Contest in 1994, the country had tried to participate in 1993 but failed to get through the pre-qualifying round. At the 1994 contest Dan Bittman finished 21st in the final scoring 14 points, Romania didn’t make it through to another final until 1998. Romania’s best results in the contest are two third place finishes. In 2005 Luminita Anghel & Sistem finished 3rd scoring 158 points, while Paula Seling & Ovi finished 3rd in Oslo with the song “Playing with Fire”. Romania missed the 2016 contest due to TVR being removed from the EBU.