Four artists have qualified to the final of Hungary’s Eurovision selection show.
The first semi-final of A Dal 2019 took place tonight, which saw nine artists perform for the chance of qualifying to the Grand Final. Performing tonight was (qualifiers in bold):
- Acoustic Planet – Nyári zápor – 45 points (Jury qualifier)
- Bence Vavra – Szótlanság – 42 points (Jury qualifier)
- Deniz – Ide várnak vissza – 35 points
- Konyha – Százszor visszajátszott – 38 points
- Petruska – Help Me Out Of Here – 42 points (Jury qualifer)
- The Middletonz – Roses – 41 points (Public qualifier)
- The Sign – Ő – 37 points
- USNK – Posztolj – 34 points
- yesyes – Incomplete – 35 points
The second semi-final will take place on February 16th, with a further nine artists taking to the stage. The final, composed of eight finalists, will take place on February 23rd.
Returning as host this year is Freddie, who represented Hungary at the 2016 contest. Joining him is singer Bogi Dallos. Miklós Both and Misi Mező return as jury members while Lilla Vincze and Feró Nagy join the jury.
Two additional prizes are also being handed out as part of A Dal 2019. Awards will be presented for the song with the best lyrics and the participant that is deemed to be the best new discovery through A Dal.
Hungary debuted in the Eurovision Song Contest in 1994, they were represented by Friderika Bayer and the song “Kinek mondjam el vetkeimet”. She went on to finish in 4th place scoring a total of 122 points and four sets of 12 points. This result remains’ Hungary’s best in their history in the contest. Hungary participated from 1994 to 1994 before withdrawing until 2005, the country didn’t return again until 2008. Hungary then once again withdrew in 2010 before returning in 2011. Since their return in 2011 Hungary has qualified for the final every year.