Three countries are in action today, with the United Kingdom selecting their entry for the 2019 Eurovision Song Contest. Poland will also reveal their entrant, and Sanremo will continue over in Italy.
United Kingdom – Eurovision: You Decide 2019 – 8:30 CET
Eurovision: You Decide returns tonight for the fourth year in a row at 8:30 CET. Six artists will participate for their chance to represent their country at the upcoming Eurovision Song Contest, each with their own version of three different songs: “Bigger Than Us,” “Sweet Lies” and “Freaks.”
Performing tonight are:
- Michael Rice – Bigger Than Us
- Holly Tandy – Bigger Than Us
- Jordan Clarke – Freaks
- MAID – Freaks
- Kerrie-Anne – Sweet Lies
- Anisa – Sweet Lies
The show will feature an expert panel who will play an important role this year as they will determine which three acts and version of each song will go forward to face the public vote.
The members of the panel are:
- Rylan – former X Factor contest, TV presenter and commentator for the BBC in the 2018 Eurovision Song Contest semi-finals.
- Marvin Humes – radio DJ and producer who is best known for being part of the boy-band, JLS. Previously, his wife Rochelle Humes has formed part of the panel of You Decide.
- Mollie King – famous as part of girl-band The Saturdays, she has also been a contestant on the BBC’s Strictly Come Dancing and is now a Radio 1 DJ.
After the panel have made their decision in the “Song-Off,” the final three acts will then perform one more time before the voting lines are opened and the public chooses which song and artist will represent the UK at Eurovision in Tel Aviv in May.
Watch the show live from 20:30 CET here.
Poland – Artist Announcement
Polish broadcaster TVP is expected to reveal their Eurovision entrant today following the closing of their submissions window. Although the entry has been internally selected this year, the broadcaster opened submissions that have been judged by an expert panel. There has been no nationality restrictions on the songwriters or artists, as long as they follow the rules of the contest.
Italy – Sanremo Night Four
Tonight Sanremo continues in Italy for night four of the festival. All 24 artists will perform in duet tonight. Both tonight and tomorrow night will see voting as follows: 50% televoting, 30% jury of the press room and 20% of the expert jury.
The line up of artists and songs competing in the contest is as follows:
- Patty Pravo & Briga – Un po’ come la vita (A little like life)
- Daniele Silvestri – Argento vivo (Quicksilver)
- Ex-Otago – Solo una canzone (Just a song)
- Federica Carta & Shade – Senza farlo apposta (Without doing it on purpose)
- Negrita – I ragazzi stanno bene (The kids are all right)
- Arisa – Mi sento bene (I feel good)
- Achille Lauro – Rolls Royce
- Francesco Renga – Aspetto che torni (I wait for you to come back)
- Boomdabash – Per un millione (For a million)
- Enrico Nigiotti – Nonno Hollywood (Grandpa Hollywood)
- Nino D’Angelo & Livio Cori – Un’altra luce (Another light)
- Mahmood – “Soldi” (Money)
- Paola Turci – “L’ultimo ostacolo” (The last obstacle)
- Simone Cristicchi – “Abbi cura di me” (Take care of me)
- Zen Circus – “L’amore è una dittatura” (Love is a dictatorship)
- Anna Tatangelo – “Le nostre anime di notte” (Our souls at night)
- Loredana Bertè – “Cosa ti aspetti di me” (What do you expect of me)
- Irama – “La ragazza con il cuore di latta” (The girl with a tin heart)
- Ultimo – “I tuoi particolari” (Your details)
- Motta – “Dov’è Italia” (Where is Italy)
- Nek – “Mi farò trovare pronto” (I will make myself ready)
- Il Volo – “Musica che resta” (Music that stays)
- Ghemon – “Rose Viola” (Purple roses)
- Einar – “Parole nuove” (New words)
Watch live from 20:35 CET here.