Tonight Romania begins its search for the Eurovision Song Contest 2019, with the first semi-final of Selectia Nationala 2019.
Romania kicks off its Eurovision selection tonight in Iasi, with eleven artists vying for six places in the grand final in Bucharest in February. Hosting the show this evening are Aurelian Temişan and Ilinca Avram, who will guide viewers through to the first of two semi-finals.
The artists taking to the stage tonight are:
- Bella Santiago – Army of love
- Trooper – Destiny
- Ommieh x Anakrisez – Rock This Way
- Teodora Dinu – Skyscraper
- The Four – Song of My Heart
- Berniceya – The Call: Dynasty of Love
- Steam – The Way It Goes
- Vaida – Underground
- Claudiu Mirea – We Are The Ones
- Nicola – Weight of The World
- Dya & Lucian Colareza – Without You (sin ti)
Six acts will qualify for the Grand Final from each of the two-semi finals. In each of the two semi-finals, a national jury will select up to five songs to qualify for the final and public voting will pick one more. TVR also reserves the right to select one wildcard act. This means that no more than 13 entries will compete in the final.
On the jury are:
- Adi Cristescu – Singer and composer
- Mihai Georgescu (Miţă) – Founder of Bere Gratis, composer & lyricist
- Crina Mardare – Singer & vocal coach
- Andy Platon – DJ & Producer
- Mugurel Vrabete – Singer
Watch the show live from 20:00 CET via Eurovoix Showcase.