The winner of the 2018 Eurovision Song Contest, Netta Barzilai, will perform in the second semi-final of Destination Eurovision tomorrow.
It has been revealed on social media that Netta will perform at France’s Eurovision selection show Destination Eurovision tomorrow evening. Netta won the 2018 contest in Lisbon, Portugal with her song “Toy”.
Attention exclu ! @NettaBarzilai grande gagnante de l’#Eurovision 2018 sera présente demain samedi 19/01 en live et pour la première fois en France sur la scène de #DestinationEurovision !!! ?
/@NettaBarzilai will be live tomorrow on #DestinationEurovision scene! pic.twitter.com/OR93XAuOwb
— Eurovision France ?? (@EurovisionF2) January 18, 2019
The singers who will be competing in the show tomorrow are;
- Doutson – Sois un bon fils
- Seemone – Tous les deux
- The Divaz – La voix d’Aretha
- Emmanuel Moire – La promesse
- Tracy de Sà – Por Aqui
- Philipelise – Madame la Paix
- Noémie – Ma petite famille
- Ugo – Ce qui me blesse
- Gabriella -On cherche encore
Destination Eurovision, the show that will choose France’s next Eurovision entrant, will have some slight format changes in 2019. The main changes are as follows:
- All three shows will be broadcast live.
- The results in all three shows will be decided by 50% international jury voting and 50% public voting.
- Four songs will qualify from each semi-final.
- The expert panel will have no say in the results.
- The international jury will consist of 20 countries – five countries for semi-final 1, another five for semi-final 2 and ten more for the final.
- Garou will host the contest for a second year.
Destination Eurovision was used for the first time in 2018, which featured two pre-recorded semi-finals and the live grand final. This was the first time since 2014 that France opted to hold a national final. The winner was chosen by 50% public televoting and 50% international jury. France was represented by Madame Monsieur in 2018 in Lisbon, who placed 13th in the grand final with their song “Mercy”.
Source: Eurovision France