The third heat of Lithuania’s Eurovision selection show Eurovizijos nacionaline atranka 2019 was filmed yesterday with thirteen artists taking to the stage. The jury panel were in charge of voting, and consisted of Ramūnas Zilnys, Vytautas Rumšas, and Leon Somov.
The results from the jury are as follows:
- Jurijus – Run With The Lions – 12 points
- Monika Marija – Criminal – 10 points
- Jurgis DID & Erica Jennings – Sing! – 8 points
- Cheri – Again – 8 points
- Antikvariniai Kašpirovskio dantys – Mažulė (Baby) – 6 points
- Jurgis Brūzga – CTRL ALT DELETE – 5 points
- Dagna – The Rush – 4 points
- Sofija Eitutytė-Sofi – My 7th Life – 3 points
- Voldemars Petersons – Dancing With The Stars – 2 points
- Kali – Don‘t B3long – 2 points
- La Forza – Leisk tave paguosti (Let me console you) – 0 points
- Laimingu būti lengva – Pasaulio vidury (Let me console you) – 0 points
- 120 – No Doubt – 0 points
The selection shows have begun airing this month, with the final being held on February 23. The hosts are Gabriele Martirosianaite and Giedrius Masalskis, both of which have hosted the show in previous years. A total of 49 artists will take place in the selection.
Ieva Zasimauskaite represented Lithuania at this year’s Eurovision Song Contest in Lisbon, Portugal. With her song “When We’re Old”, she placed 12th in the Grand Final.
Lithuania debuted in the Eurovision Song Contest in 1994, however on their debut they finished in last place with nul points. Lithuania didn’t return to the contest until 1999 when Aiste finished 20th with the song “Strazdas”. Lithuania’s best result came in 2006 when LT United performed “We Are The Winners”, they finished 6th in the final with a total of 162 points. Lithuania’s only other top.10 finish came in 2016 when Donny Montell performed “I’ve Been Waiting For This Night” in Stockholm, he received 12 points from the public in Ireland, Norway & United Kingdom.