“Ktheju tokës”, will remain in Albanian for the Eurovision Song Contest 2019 in Israel, according to Jonida Maliqi.
Jonida Maliqi has confirmed that “Ktheju tokës” will remain in Albanian for the Eurovision Song Contest 2019. Speaking on the post Festivali i Këngës 57 show, the singer confirmed that she wanted the song to remain in Albanian for the contest in May. This would mark the second year running that the Albanian entry has stayed in Albanian.
The results of the final of Festivali i Kenges 57 were:
- Marko Strazimiri & Imbro – Leyla – 142 points – 8th
- Gjergj Leka – Besoj – 131 points – 10th
- Elton Deda – Qetësisht – 156 points – 7th
- Eranda Libohova – 100 pyetje – 181 points – 3rd
- Jonida Maliqi – Ktheju tokës – 228 points – 1st
- Eliza Hoxha – Peng – 127 points – 11th
- Orgesa Zaimi – Hije – 121 points – 13th
- Bojken Lako – Jeto jetën – 138 points – 9th
- Soni Malaj – Më e fortë – 166 points – 5th
- Artemisa Mithi & Febi Shkurti – Dua te besoj – 113 points – 14th
- Dilan Reka – Karma – 169 points – 4th
- Alar Band – Dashuria nuk mjafton – 124 points – 12th
- Lidia Lufi – Rrëfehem – 219 points – 2nd
- Klinti Çollaku – Me jetë – 163 points – 6th
Jonida will be hoping to replicate the success of Eugent Bushpepa. Eugent Bushpepa and his song “Mall” made it through to the final and went on to finish 11th with 184 points. They received 12 points in the jury vote from Azerbaijan and 12 points from the televote in Macedonia and Italy.
Source: RTSH / Eurovision Albania
Albania made their debut at the Eurovision Song Contest back in 2004, the same year the televised semi final was originally introduced to the competition. Albania succeeded in their first showing with Anjeza Shahini’s “The Image of You”, sailing through the semi final in 4th place and eventually landing in a respectable 7th place at the grand final. Albania have competed in the Eurovision Song Contest every single year since their debut, making 2018 their 15th appearance. Since the success in their original attempt, they have reach the grand final a further six times. They bettered their 2004 score in 2012 with Rona Nishliu’s song “Suus” who finished the contest in fifth place with 146 Points, their first time reaching the top 5 and their best placing to date.