MTVA, the Hungarian national broadcaster, has revealed the 30 acts that will take part in A Dal 2019. The acts were revealed today at a press conference in Budapest.
The 30 competing acts are:
- Akusztik Planet – Nyári Zápor (Summer rain)
- Olivér Berkes – Lighthouse
- Timi Antal ft. Gergő Demko – Kedves Világ (Dear world)
- Fatal Error – Kulcs (Key)
- Dayana – Little Bird
- Deniz – Ide Várlak Vissza (I wait for you back here)
- Goti – Csak Egy Perc (Just one minute)
- Klara Hajdu – You’re Gonna Rise
- Barni Hamar – Wasted
- David Hirtli – Alabama Hotel
- Konyha – Szászor Visszajátszott (Replayed a hundred times)
- Kyra Fedor – Maradj Még (Stay)
- Leander Kills – Hazavágyom (I’d like to be at home)
- Mocsok 1 Kölyök – Egyszer (Once)
- Monyó Projekt – Run Baby Run
- Bogi Nagy – Holnap (Tomorrow)
- Nomád – A Remény Hídjai (The bridges of hope)
- Gergő Oláh – Hozzád Bújnék (I would cuddle you)
- Joci Pápai – Az Én Apám (My father)
- Petruska – Help Me Out Of Here
- Rozina Pátkai – Freedom
- Ruby Harlem – Forró (Hot)
- Salvus – Barát (Friend)
- Gergő Szekér – Madár, Repülj! (Bird, fly!)
- The Sign – Ő (He/She/It)
- The Middletonz – Roses
- Laszlái Barai – Someone Who Lives Like This
- USNK – Posztolj (Make a post)
- Bence Vara – Szótlanság (Wordlessness)
- yesyes – Incomplete
Many returning participants are featured in the line up, most notably two former Hungarian representatives. Joci Pápai (2017) and András Kállay-Saunders (2014, as part of The Middletonz), both return to the competition this year.
During the press conference, the hosts and judges for A Dal 2019 were revealed. Freddie, the Hungarian representative in 2016, will host the show for the second year in a row. Joining him will be singer Bogi Dallos. Miklós Both and Misi Mező will return as jury members while Lilla Vincze and Feró Nagy will join the jury.
It has already been revealed that two additional prizes are also being handed out as part of A Dal 2019. Awards will be presented for the song with the best lyrics and the participant that is deemed to be the best new discovery through A Dal. The winner of A Dal 2019 will represent Hungary at the Eurovision Song Contest 2019 in Tel Aviv, Israel.
AWS represented Hungary in Lisbon this year with the song “Viszlát nyár”. They finished 21st in the final with 93 points.
Hungary in the Eurovision Song Contest
Hungary debuted in the Eurovision Song Contest in 1994, they were represented by Friderika Bayer and the song “Kinek mondjam el vetkeimet”. She went on to finish in 4th place scoring a total of 122 points and four sets of 12 points. This result remains’ Hungary’s best in their history in the contest. Hungary participated from 1994 to 1994 before withdrawing until 2005, the country didn’t return again until 2008. Hungary then once again withdrew in 2010 before returning in 2011. Since their return in 2011 Hungary has qualified for the final every year.