A total of 45,000 viewers watched the final of Eurovision Young Musicians 2018 on La 2.
A total of 45,000 viewers watched the final of Eurovision Young Musicians 2018 on September 29. The show which was broadcast as part of ‘Los conciertos de La 2’, which aired from 08:00 CET. The competition had a viewing share of 2.65%. A peak of 64,000 viewers and 4.5% viewing share was recorded at 09:15 CET.
Six of Europe’s most talented young musicians took part in the final of the 19th edition of the contest, these were:
- Birgitta Elisa Oftestad (Norway) – Elgar – Cello Concerto, 4th movement
- Nikola Pajanović (Slovenia) – Tchaikovsky – Violin Concerto, 3rd movement
- Indi Stivín (Czech Republic) – Stivín – Bohemian Suite for Double Bass, 2nd & 3rd movements
- Mira Foron (Germany) – Sibelius – Violin Concerto, 3rd movement
- Máté Bencze (Hungary) – Ibert – Concerto da Camera for Saxophone
- Ivan Bessonov (Russia) – Tchaikovsky – Piano Concerto No 1, 3rd movement – 1st
Each of the six finalists will performed alongside the BBC Scottish Symphony Orchestra. Each musician performed for 12 minutes and hoped to impress the three jury members who decided tonight’s winner. The jury members are;
- Sir James MacMillan
- David Watkin
- Marin Alsop
- Anna Meredith
- Andrew Moore
Source: ESC Plus