The three songs have made it through to the next stage of the RSI selection for Eurovision 2019 have been revealed this afternoon.
The Italian language broadcaster RSI has revealed the three songs that have made it through to the next round of their selection process. At the start of September RSI had revealed online the thirteen songs in their selection for Eurovision 2019, with the public invited to vote online for their favourites. The three songs that have qualified for the next round are:
- Julie Meletta – Mama (I Walk Alone) – 13 points
- Sebalter – We’ll Carry the Light – 12 points
- Scilla Hess – Playground – 7 points
Knocked out of the selection were:
- Davide Buzzi – Mama
- Dianerika Lettieri – Infernal Love
- Iris Mone – Life My Soul Up
- Karin Cerini – Sorry – 6th – 2 points
- Matteo Rossi – One More Time
- Max Deste – Where the day ends
- NickAntic – Until you will be mine – 4th – 3 points
- Scilla Hess – Silence Breakers – 5th – 3 points
- Tommaso Giacopini – You told me he loves
SRF and RTS’ search for the Eurovision Song Contest 2019 are also currently underway. Once the submission window closes on October 1 the two juries will be invited to listen to all of the songs. They will the entries and artists, all of the Swiss broadcasters; SRF, RSI, RTS and RTR have the ability to add wildcard entries to the selection.
The final decision on the Swiss entry for the Eurovision Song Contest 2019 will then be made by the public jury and the international expert jury. With the winner to be revealed at an unspecified date by the Swiss broadcasters.
Source: Douze Points
Switzerland hosted the first Eurovision Song Contest in 1956 a contest that they won. Lys Assia won the first contest with the song “Refrain”, it wasn’t until 1988 that Switzerland would win the contest again. At the contest in Dublin, it was Celine Dion with “Ne partez pas sans moi” who beat the United Kingdom to victory by just 1 point. In recent years Switzerland has finished last five times since 2004. In the past four years, Switzerland has failed to reach the final.