Efi Gjika has won Junior Fest Albania 2018 and will represent Albania at the Junior Eurovision Song Contest 2018 in Minsk.
Sixteen artists took to the stage in Tirana tonight in the hopes of representing their country at the upcoming Junior Eurovision Song Contest. The winner was chosen by a professional jury. The show will be broadcast by RTSH at a later date. Mishela Rapo, the Albanian representative in the 2015 contest and author of the song “Panorama”, streamed the show live on her Instagram account.
Competing in the show were:
- Hera Hysi – “Melodi pranverore” (Spring melody)
- Emmi Rushiti – “Mbremje feste (Celebration night)
- Kristiana Veshaj – “Sot” (Today)
- Efi Gjika – “Barby” – Winner
- Jasmina Hoko – “Happy”
- Sindi Goga – “Me tinguj fantazi” (With fantasy melody)
- Iris Sula & Samanta Qoshku – “Çdo gjë do dashuri” (Everything needs love)
- Era Rakipllai – “Panorama”
- Merlin Xhai – “Bote e re” (New world)
- Laura Boriçi – “Eshtë koha” (It’s time)
- Iris Dollani – “Ylberi im” (My rainbow)
- Sajana Kodheli – “Ylim” (My star)
- Ana Kodra – “Prindër ju lutem” (Parent, please)
- Melodian Mancala – “Enderroj” (I dream)
- Speranca Bregasi – “Ditari” (Diary)
- Uendi Goga – “Olellin dhe yjet i dua” (The sky and stars love)
Eurovision fans may have realised that Ana Kodra attempted to represent her country for the second consecutive time this year, after she took part in the 2017 contest in Tbilisi with her song “Don’t Touch My Tree”.
Albania in the Junior Eurovision Song Contest
Albania first debuted in the Junior Eurovision Contest in 2012, and to date have had 4 entries. The country is still yet to win the contest, and their best result was in 2015, when Mishela Rapo performed her song “Dambaje”, which scored a total of 93 points and ended on 5th place. Albania’s worst result occurred in their debut in 2013, where Klesta Qehaja and her song “Besoj” placed 13th with 38 points. Albania were absent from the contest in 2013 and 2014, before returning again in 2015.