Daneliya Tuleshova will represent Kazakhstan at the Junior Eurovision Song Contest 2018 in Minsk, Belarus.
Following their national final tonight, Kazakhstan has chosen Daneliya Tuleshova to represent their country at their first Junior Eurovision Song Contest. Daneliya has previous experience representing her nation, having won the People’s Choice Awards at the Junior New Wave contest back in 2015 in Crimea when she was 9 years old.
The winner of the national selection was chosen by both the Kazakh public and the assembled jury. The singers taking part in the national final were:
- Zere Amirbekova – Qos qanat (Two wings)
- Sanat Asuat – Erekshe (Unique)
- Meirzhan Zhidebai – Elester (Ghosts)
- Maria Zatvarnitskaya – Baqytyń meń (Thank you)
- Suikum Kabylbek – Elge sálem (Hello country)
- Zhanelya Kaldybek – Álemdi maxabbat saqtaıdy (Love saves the world)
- Yerzhan Maxim – Elimdi súyemin (I love my country)
- Binura Saudabay – Arnaý (Purpose)
- Dinar Nadirbekova – Bul álem ertegideı (This world is fantastic)
- Daneliya Tuleshova – Ózine seń (Yourself)
Guest performers in tonight’s show included Youngsters, Amre, Newton, Alem Band, Asil, and Madina Sadvakasova.
Kazakhstan’s participation in the Junior Eurovision Song Contest 2018 is being organised by Khabar Agency. Khabar has been broadcasting the Eurovision Song Contest live to viewers across Kazakhstan since 2010, with a commentary team covering the contest from Astana. Khabar has been an associate member of the European Broadcasting Agency since January 2016. This is the first Eurovision event that Kazakhstan will participate in.