RTVE has confirmed that it will be broadcasting the final of Eurovision Young Musicians 2018 on September 29, six weeks after the contest took place.
Following two delays to the broadcast of the final of Eurovision Young Musicians 2018, RTVE has now confirmed the date of its broadcast. The final which took place in Edinburgh will be broadcast on September 29 at 08:00 CET. The show will be broadcast on La 2 as part of ‘Los conciertos de La 2’, commentary is set to be provided by Juan Antonio Simarro.
Sara Valencia represented Spain at Eurovision Young Musicians 2018 but failed to make it through to the final of the competition. La 2 has already aired the musicians semi-final performance. While Radio Clásica aired the final of the competition live to listeners across the nation.
Six of Europe’s most talented young musicians took part in the final of the 19th edition of the contest, these were:
- Birgitta Elisa Oftestad (Norway) – Elgar – Cello Concerto, 4th movement
- Nikola Pajanović (Slovenia) – Tchaikovsky – Violin Concerto, 3rd movement
- Indi Stivín (Czech Republic) – Stivín – Bohemian Suite for Double Bass, 2nd & 3rd movements
- Mira Foron (Germany) – Sibelius – Violin Concerto, 3rd movement
- Máté Bencze (Hungary) – Ibert – Concerto da Camera for Saxophone
- Ivan Bessonov (Russia) – Tchaikovsky – Piano Concerto No 1, 3rd movement – 1st
Each of the six finalists will performed alongside the BBC Scottish Symphony Orchestra. Each musician performed for 12 minutes and hoped to impress the three jury members who decided tonight’s winner. The jury members are;
- Sir James MacMillan
- David Watkin
- Marin Alsop
- Anna Meredith
- Andrew Moore