The Lovers of Valdaro have been selected as the winners of the wildcard ticket to compete in Melodifestivalen 2019.
The Lovers of Valdaro will be competing in Melodifestivalen 2019 after being selected from the eight finalists of P4 Nästa 2018. The Lovers of Valdaro won the selection process for P4 Stockholm and performed this evening at the final of P4 Nästa 2018.
The duo are the first confirmed participants in Melodifestivalen 2019, the Swedish selection process for the Eurovision Song Contest. The Lovers of Valdaro will not be performing the same song that they performed at P4 Nästa in Melodifestivalen, instead they will work over the coming months on a new song for the contest.
The finalists were:
- Cool Kid – Beside The Bridge
- Back On Our Streets – par Spring City
- Lost Forever – The Lovers Of Valdaro
- Här Och Nu – Patricia Birgersso
- Fading Light – Ewelina Westin
- En Kort Sekund – Josias Andersson
- Beautiful Mess – Amandine X
- Magic – Jahr
The P4 Nästa competition lasts between March and August. The aim of the shows are to find new and upcoming artists, to kickstart their careers in the world of music. 25 districts across Sweden hold heats to select their winner, who they then send to the next round. A jury then chooses the final 8, who are to perform in the final show. The winning artist gets their song played on the radio show Svensktoppen. For the past few years, one of the artists from the final has been picked to take part in Melodifestivalen. The hosts for this year’s show will be Titti Schultz and Josefin Johansson.
- March to April – Submission period to local P4 districts
- April to August – Competitions take place in P4 districts
- Early August – Competitions finish, the jury chooses the final 8 acts
- August – Final 8 acts are presented
- End of August to September – The final is held and an artist is crowned winner
- September to December – The winning artist has their song played on the P4 channels