The finalists in P4 Nästa 2018 who are competing for a spot in Melodifestivalen 2019 have been revealed by Sveriges Radio.
The eight finalists in P4 Nästa have been revealed by Sveriges Radio over the past weekend. The eight acts were selected from the winners of local P4 Nästa selections held across all of the regional P4 stations in Sweden. Voting is now open to determine the winner of the competition, with the final taking place on August 24, a jury will also be voting during the live broadcast.
The finalists are:
- Cool Kid – Beside The Bridge
- Back On Our Streets – par Spring City
- Lost Forever – The Lovers Of Valdaro
- Här Och Nu – Patricia Birgersso
- Fading Light – Ewelina Westin
- En Kort Sekund – Josias Andersson
- Beautiful Mess – Amandine X
- Magic – Jahr
The P4 Nästa competition lasts between March and August. The aim of the shows are to find new and upcoming artists, to kickstart their careers in the world of music. 25 districts across Sweden hold heats to select their winner, who they then send to the next round. A jury then chooses the final 8, who are to perform in the final show. The winning artist gets their song played on the radio show Svensktoppen. For the past few years, one of the artists from the final has been picked to take part in Melodifestivalen. The hosts for this year’s show will be Titti Schultz and Josefin Johansson.
- March to April – Submission period to local P4 districts
- April to August – Competitions take place in P4 districts
- Early August – Competitions finish, the jury chooses the final 8 acts
- August – Final 8 acts are presented
- End of August to September – The final is held and an artist is crowned winner
- September to December – The winning artist has their song played on the P4 channels
Source: Sveriges Radio