RTS the national broadcaster of Serbia has launched their submissions process for those wishing to take part in the Junior Eurovision Song Contest 2018.
The national broadcaster of Serbia has launched the nations selection process for the Junior Eurovision Song Contest 2018 in Minsk, Belarus. From today until September 1, singers and songwriters are invited to submit their songs for this years competition in Belarus. The rules of the selection are as follows:
- Songs must be between 2:30 and 3 minutes long
- The song must be performed in Serbian
- The song cannot have been released before May 1, 2018 – the lyrics or melody of the song cannot have been available before the specified date
- Up to six singers may take part in the performance
- Singers must be between 9 and 14 years old as of November 25, 2018
- The singer who has written the song must be involved in the performance as a singer, dancer or musician on stage
The broadcaster has not confirmed whether a televised selection will be held. RTS has stated that a jury will be formed to listen to all of the submissions, with the song that receives the highest number of points going on to represent Serbia in Minsk, Belarus.
The 2018 edition of the Junior Eurovision Song Contest will be held in Minsk, Belarus after the country won the bidding process before the 2017 contest even began. Olga Salamankha explained that Belarus was selected as the host for next years contest over other bids due to their long-term commitment to the competition.
The following countries have stated that they will be participating in Minsk:
Broadcasters have until June 29 to apply to take part in the contest.
Serbia made their debut in the Junior Eurovision Song Contest in 2006. They were represented by Neustrašivi učitelji stranih jezika on their debut with the song “Učimo strane jezike”, finishing 5th with 81 points. Serbia went on to compete annually until 2010, after which point RTS withdrew from the contest due to financial difficulties. Serbia returned to the contest in 2014 and has gone on to compete in the contest annually.