Madame Monsieur’s “Mercy” has entered iTunes charts in Greece, Belgium, and Switzerland.
Currently, the French entry for the Eurovision Song Contest 2018, “Mercy” by Madame Monsieur, is leading the pack on the official iTunes charts, currently charting in four countries. It is currently in 14th place domestically, but it has now also reached 50th in Greece, 126th in Belgium, and 146th in Switzerland.
So far, a few other Eurovision entries have charted on iTunes internationally:
- “Bones” by Equinox from Bulgaria is in the top 200 in three countries: 100th in Norway, 129th in Bulgaria, and 195th in Cyprus.
- Saara Aalto with “Monsters” is currently in 4th for her local Finnish charts, but is also ranked 78th in Norway.
- Jessica Mauboy with “We Got Love” is in 28th place on the Australian charts, but also appears in the 130th spot in Papua New Guinea.
- The Austrian entry, Cesár Sampson’s “Nobody But You” is 46th domestically and 112th in Norway.
- Ermal Meta & Fabrizio Moro with “Non mi avete fatto niente” are 47th in their local market in Italy, and 197th in Switzerland.
Many entries have made an appearance on their national iTunes charts, but only a few have breached their local top 10:
- Cyprus’ “Fuego” by Eleni Foureira, is at the top of Cypriot charts.
- Netta’s “Toy” is 5th in Israel.
- Benjamin Ingrosso’s “Dance You Off” is 7th in Sweden.
- Alexander Rybak’s “That’s How You Write a Song” is 8th in Norway.
This year, pre-contest Eurovision song sales on iTunes have been relatively lackluster. However, the numbers can be expected to pick up significantly after the songs have been broadcast from this year’s semifinals.
This year’s Eurovision Song Contest is being held in Lisbon, Portugal, after Salvador Sobral’s win last year with “Amar Pelos Dois.” The first semifinal will be on May 8, the second will be on May 10, and the Grand Final will be on May 12.