Elina Nechayeva, one of the favourites to win Eurovision 2018 has ended last in the latest episode of De Eurovisa, the Finnish preview show.
Svenska YLE has aired the second episode of their Eurovision preview show De Eurovisa this evening. The show sees four jury members; Jakob Norrgård, Sofia Finnilä, Erica Back and Mårten Svartström, review all of the songs in this years Eurovision Song Contest. Each juror gives the songs a score of between 1 and 10.
The results of the first show were as follows:
- Finland – Saara Aalto – Monsters (9,8,9,9) – 35 points
- Austria – Cesar Sampson – Nobody But You (8,6,8,10) – 32 points
- Czech Republic – Mikolas Josef – Lie to Me (7,9,7,1) – 24 points
- Greece – Yianna Terzi – Oniro Mou (6,7,5,5) – 23 points
- Macedonia – Eye Cue – Lost and Found (7,5,2,8) – 22 points
- Croatia – Franka – Crazy (7,5,7,2) – 20 points
- Switzerland – Zibbz – Stones (8,5,3,4) – 20 points
- Armenia – Sevak – Qami (2,6,5,1) – 14 points
- Estonia – Elina Nechayeva – La Forza (2,7,1,1) – 11 points
De Eurovisa is one of just a handful of Eurovision preview shows broadcast in the run up to the Eurovision Song Contest. In recent years Sweden has dropped their preview show, leaving Finland, San Marino, Germany, Iceland and Norway as the only nations broadcasting preview shows.
Finland first participated in the Eurovision Song Contest in 1961, they debuted alongside Spain and Yugoslavia. Finland has finished last in the contest on 10 occasions and has received ‘nul points’ three times. It wasn’t until 2006 that Finland won the Eurovision Song Contest, Lordi represented the country in Athens with the song “Hard Rock Hallelujah” scoring 292 points a record total at the time. Finland last performed in the final in 2014 when Softengine finished 11th with the song “Something Better”.