Moldovan band DoReDoS will be taking part in a promotional tour ahead of the Eurovision Song Contest.
DoReDoS, Moldova’s representatives at this year’s Eurovision Song Contest, will be promoting their song in various different countries throughout March and April. Their tour schedule looks like this:
- 16th March – Kaunas, Lithuania
- 17th March – Kaunas, Lithuania
- 18th March – Klaipeda, Lithuania
- 20th March – Kaliningrad, Russia
- 22nd March – Vilnius,Lithuania
- 23rd March – Siauliai, Lithuania
- 24th March – Riga, Latvia
- 25th March – Tallinn, Estonia
- 27th March – Liepaja, Latvia
- 7th April – Moscow, Russia
- 10th April – Tel Aviv, Israel
- 14th April – Amsterdam, Netherlands
- 21st April – Madrid, Spain
The band also confirmed to eurovoix.com that they were unsure about their appearance at this year’s London Eurovision Party in the United Kingdom on 5th April, as they are waiting to sort out their visas in order to travel and enter the country.
DoReDoS were crowned as the Moldovan entrants for the Eurovision Song Contest in February. The group went in to the final of O Melodie Pentru Europa 2018 as the favourites to win and went on to top both the public vote and jury vote.
The group previously participated in O melodie pentru Europa twice before this year. In 2016, the group entered the Moldovan national selection with the song FunnyFolk and finished in 4th place. In 2015, they placed 6th with the song Maricica. DoReDos will represent Moldova at the Eurovision Song Contest 2018 in Lisbon, Portugal this May with their song “My Lucky Day”.
Moldova debuted in the Eurovision Song Contest in 2005 when the contest was last held in Kyiv, Ukraine. In 2005 Moldova debuted in the contest alongside Bulgaria, while that year Hungary also returned to the contest having been absent since 1998. Moldova was in its worse run of results in their history in the contest, having failed to make the final since 2013. At the 2016 contest in Stockholm, the country finished 17th in their semi-final scoring a total of 33 points.