Benjamin Ingrosso has won the final of Melodifestivalen 2018 and will represent Sweden in the Eurovision Song Contest 2018 in Lisbon.
After 6 weeks of competition, 4 semi-finals, a second chance round and the final, Benjamin Ingrosso with Dance You Off has claimed victory in Melodifestivalen.
The show, hosted by David Lindgren, came live from the Friends Arena in Stockholm and featured 12 acts. Renaida performed twice after experiencing technical problems. The winner was determined by a combination of international jury vote and the votes of the Swedish public.
The 11 international juries were from:
8. United Kingdom
After the jury votes, Benjamin was in the lead followed by Felix Sandman and John Lundvik. A tense reveal of the votes of the Swedish public revealed Benjamin as the victor.
The full results are as follows:
- Benjamin Ingrosso – Dance You Off (181 points)
- Felix Sandman – Every Single Day (158 points)
- John Lundvik – My Turn (128 points)
- Samir & Viktor – Shuffla (114 points)
- Mariette – For You (113 points)
- LIAMOO – Last Breath (105 points)
- Margaret – In My Cabana (103 points)
- Martin Almgen – A Bitter Lullaby (84 points)
- Renaida – All The Feels (81 points)
- Rolandz – Fuldans (75 points)
- Jessica Andersson (70 points)
- Mendez – Everyday (64 points)
Sweden will perform in the second half of the second semi-final of Eurovision 2018 on 10 May in Lisbon. They will be hoping to continue an impressive run of results in the contest which includes an unbroken run of top 5 finishes since 2014.
Sweden in the Eurovision Song Contest
Sweden debuted in the Eurovision Song Contest in 1958 and has gone on to be one of the contest’s most successful countries. The country has won the contest six times, the most recent being in 2015. Sweden’s first victory came in 1974 when ABBA won the contest in Brighton with “Waterloo”. Since missing out on the final in 2010, Sweden has gone on to finish 3rd twice and has won the contest twice, only in 2013 did the country place outside of the top 10 in the final.