Germany will become the latest country to select their participant tonight for Eurovision 2018, while the second semi-final of Depi Evratesil takes place in Armenia.
Germany – Unser Lied für Lissabon – Final – 20:15 CET
Six artists will be performing tonight in Berlin, as Germany selects the singer and song that will represent them at the Eurovision Song Contest 2018 in Lisbon, Portugal.
The six hopefuls and their songs are:
- Xavier Darcy – “Johah”. Music and text – Xavier Darcy, Loren Nine Geerts, Axel Ehnström, Thomas Stengaard
- Ivy Quainoo – “House On Fire”. Music and text: Jörgen Elofsson und Ali Tamposi
- Ryk – “You and I”. Music and text: Rick Jurthe
- Michael Schulte – “You Let Me Walk Alone”. Music and text: Michael Schulte, Thomas Stengaard, Nisse Ingwersen, Nina Müller
- Natia Todua – “My Own Way”. Music and text: Loren Nine Geerts, Ricardo Bettiol, Martin Gallop, Jaro Omar
- voXXclub: – “I mog Di so” (I like you so) Music: Merty Bert, Mike Busse, Philipp Klemz, Lennard Oestmann. Text: Joe Walter, Philipp Klemz, Martin Simma, Merty Bert, Mike Busse
Mike Singer will be performing as the interval act tonight. The 18-year-old will be one of the “star guests”, and has ties to the Eurovision Song Contest as he was part of Eurovision winner Lena’s team when he took participated in The Voice Kids.
During the final of the German selection, the international jury will be voting for the candidate being sent to the Eurovision in the Portuguese capital. Their votes will count towards 33% of the final votes. A one-hundred member Eurovision panel and the German public will account for the remainder of the vote.
Watch the show live from 20:15 CET, find out where to watch the show via Eurovoix Showcase.
Armenia – Depi Evratesil 2018 – Semi-Final Two – 19:15 CET
This evening ten artists will take to the stage in Yerevan as Armenia’s search for Lisbon gets underway. The singers will be competing for just five places in the final on Saturday night and will be hoping to impress the audience.
The running order is as follows:
- Maria’s Secret – “Escape”
- Arman Mesropyan – “What You Hide”
- Kamil Show – “Puerto Rico”
- Suren Poghosyan – “The Voice”
- Alternativ – “Stare At Me”
- Amaliya Margaryan – “Waiting For the Sun”
- Tyom – “Follow the Ocean”
- Sevak Khanagyan – “Qami”
- Mariam – “Fade”
- Asmik Shiroyan – “You & I”
The qualifiers will be decided by the public and an international jury. This will be the first time since 2013 that the Armenian public will have a say in the song that will represent their country in the Eurovision Song Contest. A total of ten artists will take to the stage in the grand final, which will take place on February 25.
Watch the show live from 19:15 CET, find out where to watch the show via Eurovoix Showcase.