Ruta Loop and Greta Zazza have been selected by the public to return to Eurovizija, the Lithuanian selection process for the Eurovision Song Contest 2018.
Following two days of voting, LRT has revealed the two artists who have been chosen to return to Eurovizija. Ruta Loop and Greta Zazza topped the public vote, having both received over 20% of the vote as of yesterday evening.
The following artists were in the running to return to the competition.
- Vidas Bareikies – Pusvalanduko
- Lukas Norkunas – Tegu
- Milda Rasilaviciute – Thinking About You
- Juozas Martin – Don’t Give Up
- Germante Kinderyte – Turn it Up
- Benas Malakauskas – My Memories
- Zivile Gedvilaite – Melody
- Audrius Petrauskas – In my Bones
- Agne Michalenkovaite – Going on
- Greta Zazza – Broken Shadows
- Ruta Loop – Positive Thoughts
- Elizabeth Olshey – Bejausmis
Lithuania was represented by Fusedmarc at the Eurovision Song Contest 2017 in Kyiv, Ukraine. They performed the song “Rain of Revolution”, where they went on to finished 17th in their semi-final with 42 points. This represented Lithuania’s worst result in the competition since 2005, when the contest was also head in Kyiv.
Lithuania in the Eurovision Song Contest
Lithuania debuted in the Eurovision Song Contest in 1994, however on their debut they finished in last place with nul points. Lithuania didn’t return to the contest until 1999 when Aiste finished 20th with the song “Strazdas”. Lithuania’s best result came in 2006 when LT United performed “We Are The Winners”, they finished 6th in the final with a total of 162 points. Lithuania’s only other top.10 finish came in 2016 when Donny Montell performed “I’ve Been Waiting For This Night” in Stockholm, he received 12 points from the public in Ireland, Norway & United Kingdom.