NDR, the German national broadcaster, has revealed the six entries that will compete in Unser Lied für Lissabon on Thursday.
The entries were released officially on Spotify at midnight last night. You can listen to all the entries here.
The six songs are:
- Xavier Darcy – “Johah”. Music and text – Xavier Darcy, Loren Nine Geerts, Axel Ehnström, Thomas Stengaard
- Ivy Quainoo – “House On Fire”. Music and text: Jörgen Elofsson und Ali Tamposi
- Ryk – “You and I”. Music and text: Rick Jurthe
- Michael Schulte – “You Let Me Walk Alone”. Music and text: Michael Schulte, Thomas Stengaard, Nisse Ingwersen, Nina Müller
- Natia Todua – “My Own Way”. Music and text: Loren Nine Geerts, Ricardo Bettiol, Martin Gallop, Jaro Omar
- voXXclub: – “I mog Di so” (I like you so) Music: Merty Bert, Mike Busse, Philipp Klemz, Lennard Oestmann. Text: Joe Walter, Philipp Klemz, Martin Simma, Merty Bert, Mike Busse
It was also announced last week that Mike Singer would be performing as an interval act on the night. The 18-year-old will be one of the “star guests”, and has ties to the Eurovision Song Contest as he was part of Eurovision winner Lena’s team when he took participated in The Voice Kids.
During the final of the German selection, the international jury will be voting for the candidate being sent to the Eurovision in the Portuguese capital. Their votes will count towards 33% of the final votes. A one-hundred member Eurovision panel and the German public will account for the remainder of the vote.
Germany in the Eurovision Song Contest
Germany was one of seven countries to participate in the Eurovision Song Contest in 1956. The country has taken part in every contest since then, apart from in 1996 when they failed to make it through the qualifying round. To date Germany has won the contest twice, the first time being in 1982 when Nicole sang “Ein Bisschen Frieden” in Harrogate, which later became a global hit. Germany didn’t win again until 2010, when Lena sang “Satellite” in Oslo. She received 9 sets of 12 points, scoring 236 points overall. Germany has not placed above second last in their last participation’s.