Ieva Zasimauskaitė has topped the jury vote for the sixth heat of the Lithuanian selection process for the Eurovision Song Contest 2018.
The sixth heat of Eurovizija was filmed earlier this week in Lithuania, with twelve acts taking to the stage and hoping to impress the judging panel. Lithuania’s selection differs from many others, with the show being filmed in the studio during the week, and then being re-broadcast on the weekend to enable a televote to take place.
The results of the jury voting were as follows:
- Ieva Zasimauskaitė – When We’re Old – 12 points
- Saulės kliošas – Įkvėpk ir nepaleisk (Man gaila) – 10 points
- Monika Marija – The Truth – 10 points
- Audrius Petrauskas – In My Bones – 7 points
- The Roop – Yes, I Do – 6 points
- Gabrielius Vagelis – The Distant – 5 points
- Greta Zazza – Broken Shadows – 4 points
- Ruta Loop – Positive Thoughts – 3 points
- Elizabeth Olshey – Bejausmis – 2 points
- Živilė Gedvilaitė – Melody – 1 point
- Agnė Michalenkovaitė – Going On – 1 point
- Marija – This Love – 0 points
Lithuania was represented by Fusedmarc at the Eurovision Song Contest 2017 in Kyiv, Ukraine. They performed the song “Rain of Revolution”, where they went on to finished 17th in their semi-final with 42 points. This represented Lithuania’s worst result in the competition since 2005, when the contest was also head in Kyiv.
Lithuania in the Eurovision Song Contest
Lithuania debuted in the Eurovision Song Contest in 1994, however on their debut they finished in last place with nul points. Lithuania didn’t return to the contest until 1999 when Aiste finished 20th with the song “Strazdas”. Lithuania’s best result came in 2006 when LT United performed “We Are The Winners”, they finished 6th in the final with a total of 162 points. Lithuania’s only other top.10 finish came in 2016 when Donny Montell performed “I’ve Been Waiting For This Night” in Stockholm, he received 12 points from the public in Ireland, Norway & United Kingdom.