DoReDoS have released a revamped version of “My Lucky Day” ahead of their participation in O Melodie Pentru Europa 2018.
A revamped version of “My Lucky Day” has been released by DoReDoS ahead of the final of the Moldovan selection process for Eurovision 2018. The revamped song has seen changes to the backing track of the song, with more power in the verses of the song.
DoReDoS were formed in 2011 and also features Evgeny Andriyanov and Sergei Myza. All three members come from Ribnita, where they met and decided to create their own musical group. Later the musicians moved to Chisinau, where they graduated from the Academy of Music, Theater and Fine Arts.
DoReDoS have previously participated in O melodie pentru Europa twice, in 2015 and 2016, but have yet to win the competition and represent Moldova at the Song Contest. In 2016 the group entered the Moldovan national selection with the song FunnyFolk and finished in 4th place. In 2015 they placed 6th with the song Maricica.
The final of O Melodie pentru Europa 2018 will take place on February 24 after TRM decided to drop the semi final. The finalists are:
- Anna Odobescu – “Agony”
- Anna Timofei – “Endlessly”
- Bella Luna – “Moments”
- Che MD – “Inima-n stângă” (Heart To The Left)
- Cobîlean Constantin – “Numai Tu” (Only You)
- Doinița Gherman – “Dance In Flames”
- DoReDos – “My Lucky Day”
- Felicia Dunaf – “Alien”
- Ilia Soroceanu & Dasha DaGro – “Minds & Veins”
- Lavinia Rusu – “Altundeva” (Somewhere Else)
- Nicoleta Sava – “Esencia Del Sur” (Essence Of The South)
- Ruslan Tsar – “Come To Life”
- Sandy C & Aaron Sibley – “Once Upon A Time”
- Tolik – “Broken Glass”
- Vera Țurcanu – “Black Heart”
- Viorela – “The Gates Of Love”
Moldova in the Eurovision Song Contest
Moldova debuted in the Eurovision Song Contest in 2005 alongside Bulgaria when the contest was first held in Kyiv, Ukraine. Between 2014 and 2016, Moldova failed to qualify for the Eurovision final. In 2017, they returned to the Grand Final and finished in 3rd place with Sunstroke Project and “Hey Mamma.” The result saw the group honored on their return to Moldova by the country’s President.