Six songs will compete in the German Eurovision national final show Unser Lied für Lissabon on 22nd February.
German broadcaster NDR has revealed the song titles and composers’ names for the six songs that will take part in Unser Lied für Lissabon. The reveal follows a three-day song writing camp in Berlin. The songs are:
- Xavier Darcy – “Johah”. Music and text – Xavier Darcy, Loren Nine Geerts, Axel Ehnström, Thomas Stengaard
- Ivy Quainoo – “House On Fire”. Music and text: Jörgen Elofsson und Ali Tamposi
- Ryk – “You and I”. Music and text: Rick Jurthe
- Michael Schulte – “You Let Me Walk Alone”. Music and text: Michael Schulte, Thomas Stengaard, Nisse Ingwersen, Nina Müller
- Natia Todua – “My Own Way”. Music and text: Loren Nine Geerts, Ricardo Bettiol, Martin Gallop, Jaro Omar
- voXXclub: – “I mog Di so” Music: Merty Bert, Mike Busse, Philipp Klemz, Lennard Oestmann. Text: Joe Walter, Philipp Klemz, Martin Simma, Merty Bert, Mike Busse
The six songs will be available to listen to on 20th February.
It was also announced last week that Mike Singer would be performing as an interval act on the night. The 18-year-old will be one of the “star guests”, and has ties to the Eurovision Song Contest as he was part of Eurovision winner Lena’s team when he took participated in The Voice Kids.
During the final of the German selection, the international jury – along with members of the Eurovision panel and viewers from Germany – will also be voting for the candidate being sent to the Eurovision in the Portuguese capital. Their votes will count towards 33% of the final votes.
Germany was one of seven countries to participate in the Eurovision Song Contest in 1956. The country has taken part in every contest since then, apart from in 1996 when they failed to make it through the qualifying round. To date Germany has won the contest twice, the first time being in 1982 when Nicole sang “Ein Bisschen Frieden” in Harrogate, which later became a global hit. Germany didn’t win again until 2010, when Lena sang “Satellite” in Oslo. She received 9 sets of 12 points, scoring 236 points overall. Germany has not placed above second last in their last participation’s.