Six artists have qualified from the third heat of Eurovizijos dainu konkurso nacionaline atranka this evening in Lithuania.
Twelve singers took to the stage in Lithuania, as the third heat of the country’s selection process for Lisbon took place. The show was pre-recorded earlier this week meaning that the jury votes were already known ahead of tonight’s broadcast. Heading into the show the jury votes were as follows:
- Greta Zazza – Broken Shadows – 12 points
- Gabrielius Vagelis – The Distant – 10 points
- Gerai Gerai & Silvija Pankunaite – More Than You Know – 8 points
- Vidas Bareikis – Pusvalanduko – 7 points
- Agne Muchalenkovaite – Going On – 7 points
- Milda Martinkenaite – Hurricane – 5 points
- Joyce – Breathe – 4 points
- ELEY – This Is My Life – 3 points
- Zivile Gedvilaite – Melody – 2 points
- Valdas Lacko – Dying Inside – 1 point
- Donata – Powerful – 0 points
- E.G.0 – Shake The World – 0 points
The six qualifiers were:
- Greta Zazza
- Agne Muchalenkovaite
- Gabrielius Vagelis
- Gerai Gerai & Silvija Pankūnaitė
- Živilė Gedvilaitė
- Vidas Bareikis
Lithuania was represented by Fusedmarc at the Eurovision Song Contest 2017 in Kyiv, Ukraine. They performed the song “Rain of Revolution”, where they went on to finished 17th in their semi-final with 42 points. This represented Lithuania’s worst result in the competition since 2005, when the contest was also head in Kyiv.
Lithuania in the Eurovision Song Contest
Lithuania debuted in the Eurovision Song Contest in 1994, however on their debut they finished in last place with nul points. Lithuania didn’t return to the contest until 1999 when Aiste finished 20th with the song “Strazdas”. Lithuania’s best result came in 2006 when LT United performed “We Are The Winners”, they finished 6th in the final with a total of 162 points. Lithuania’s only other top.10 finish came in 2016 when Donny Montell performed “I’ve Been Waiting For This Night” in Stockholm, he received 12 points from the public in Ireland, Norway & United Kingdom.