Tonight Hungary begins their search for Eurovision 2018, while Lithuania and France’s search continues this evening.
The schedule for tonight’s selections are as follows:
- Lithuania – Eurovizijos dainu konkurso nacionaline atranka – Heat One – 20:00 CET
- Hungary – A Dal – Heat One – 20:30 CET
- France – Destination Eurovision – Semi-final Two – 20:55 CET
Lithuania – „Eurovizijos“ dainu konkurso nacionaline atranka – Heat One – 20:00 CET
The second show in Lithuania’s selection process for Lisbon gets underway tonight. Thirteen acts will take to the stage vying for a place in the next stage of the competition. Of the thirteen competing songs, just two will be performed in Lithuania.
Tonight’s show was pre-recorded earlier this week, meaning that the results of the jury voting is already known. The remaining 50% of the vote will be determined by public vote, after which half of the competing acts will qualify for the next stage.
The results of the jury voting is as follows:
- Saulės kliošas – Man gaila – 12 points
- Twosome – Hello – 10 points
- Juozas Martin – Don’t Give Up – 8 points
- Audrius Petrauskas – In My Bones – 7 poonts
- Paula – 1 2 3 – 6 points
- Rūta Kotryna – Ghost – 5 points
- Mia – Arrows – 4 points
- Elizabeth Olshey – Bejausmis
- Elvina Milkauskaitė & Balys Kulikauskas – So Long My Love, My Lover – 2 points
- LJ – Over Now – 1 point
- Justina Žukauskaitė – Love Doesn’t Lie – 0 points
- Emilija Valiukevičiūtė – Bye Bye – 0 points
The hosts of the show are Ugnė Skonsmanaitė and Mantas Stonkus. Watch the show live here.
Hungary – A Dal – Heat One – 20:30 CET
Hungary starts their search for the Eurovision Song Contest 2018, with ten acts taking part in the first heat of A Dal gets underway. This years selection features three new jury members:
- Judit Schell (New)
- Misi Mező (New)
- Károly Frenreisz (New)
- Miklós Both
The ten competing acts are:
- Ceasefire X – Satellites
- Fourtissimo feat. Markanera – Kisnyuszi a kalapban
- Viktor Király – Budapest girl
- Gabi Knoll – Nobody to die for
- Leander Kills – Nem szól harang
- LivingRoom – Kirakat élet
- Noémo – Levegőt!
- Patikadomb – Jó szelet!
- Zsolt Süle – Zöld a május
- Tamás Vastag – Ne hagyj reményt
From the ten participants, six will qualify for the next stage of the competition. Five of the qualifiers will be chosen through jury and public voting. The sixth qualifier will be chosen solely by public voting from the remaining songs.
The 2018 contest is the 7th edition of this Hungarian national selection format. The current line up also includes returning artists from every previous edition, for example Ádám Szabó from Yesyes (A Dal 2013, 2015, 2017), Reni Tolvai (A Dal 2012, 2016) and Tamás Vastag (A Dal 2013, 2014) to name a few.
Watch the selection live from 20:30 CET here.
France – Destination Eurovision – Semi-final Two – 20:55 CET
Competing in Semi-final Two:
- June the Girl – “Same”
- IGIT – “Lisboa Jérusalem”
- Madame Monsieur – “Mercy”
- Sweem – “Là-haut”
- Lucie Vagenheim – “My World”
- Sarah Caillibot – “Tu me manques”
- Max Cinnamon – “Ailleurs”
- Nassi – “Rêve de gamin”
- Jane Constance – “Un jour j’ai rêvé”
The show is presented by Garou. In each semi-final, a jury made up of three Francophone and three international members will select four songs to advance to the final. The three Francophone jury members are Amir, who represented France at the Eurovision Song Contest 2016, Christophe Willem, and Isabelle Boulay. The three international jury members are Heads of Delegations from various countries: Christer Björkman (Sweden), Nicola Caligiore (Italy) and Olga Salamakha (Belarus).
- Amir – Represented France at the Eurovision Song Contest 2016
- Isabelle Boulay – Singer
- Christophe Willem – Singer
- Christer Björkman – Head of Delegation for Sweden at Eurovision
- Nicola Caligiore – Head of Delegation for Italy at Eurovision
- Olga Salamakha – Head of Delegation for Belarus at Eurovision
You can watch the show live from 20:55 CET. The show is being broadcast by France 2 as well as TV5Monde internationally. To watch the contest online on Facebook here.