Tonight selections will be underway for two Eurovision events, Sweden will select for Young Musicians while Lithuania’s Eurovision Song Contest 2018 search begins.
Lithuania – „Eurovizijos“ dainų konkurso nacionalinė atranka – Heat One – 20:00 CET
The first show in Lithuania’s selection process for Lisbon gets underway tonight. Thirteen acts will take to the stage vying for a place in the next stage of the competition. Of the thirteen competing songs, just two will be performed in Lithuania.
Tonight’s show was pre-recorded earlier this week, meaning that the results of the jury voting is already known. The remaining 50% of the vote will be determined by public vote, after which half of the competing acts will qualify for the next stage.
The results of the jury voting is as follows:
- Godo – Fire Fountain – 12 points
- Ieva Zasimauskaitė – When We’re Old – 12 points
- Lukas Norkūnas – Tegu – 8 points
- Natalija Chareckaja – Serious – 7 points
- Milda Rasilavičiūtė – I Think About You – 6 points
- Aušra Difartė – Someday – 5 points
- Justin3 – Born to Be Wild One – 4 points
- Benas Malakauskas – My Memories – 3 points
- Evaldas Vaikasas – Blind – 2 points
- Monee – Standing Here – 1 points
- Germanė Kinderytė – Turn It Up – 0 points
- Meda Meškauskaitė – Blood Roses – 0 points
- Dangė – Netikra Laimė – 0 points
The hosts of the show are Ugnė Skonsmanaitė and Mantas Stonkus. Watch the show live here.
Sweden – Polstjärnepriset 2018 – Final
Tonight the final of Polstjärnepriset 2018 will take place in Gothenburg, with four talented young musicians taking to the stage.
In Gothenburg, four young musicians will be performing all hoping to be selected to represent Sweden at Eurovision Young Musicians 2018 in Edinburgh. The four finalists were selected from a semi-final which took place on Thursday night, knocked out in the semi-final were:
- Hedvig Bengtsson – Cello
- Nicole Biegniewska – Violin
- Kristian Chojecki – Cello
- Harald Edin – Double bass
The four finalists are:
- Johanna Ander Ljung – Harp
- Angelo Lundström – Violin
- Tekla Nilsson – Clarinet
- Josef Wijk – Oboe
The winner of the selection process will be decided by a jury made of classical music experts and performers. The selection will not be broadcast live on television, instead being broadcast later this year by SVT.