Godo and Ieva Zasimauskaitė have been revealed as topping the jury vote following the recording of Heat One of Eurovizijos dainų konkurso nacionalinė atranka.
Eurodiena.lt has revealed the voting of the jury in the first Heat of Lithuania’s search for the Eurovision Song Contest 2018. Recording of the Lithuanian selection process takes place on a Wednesday evening, with the show then broadcast on Saturday, when the public are then able to vote.
The results of the first Heat are as follows:
- Godo – Fire Fountain – 12 points
- Ieva Zasimauskaitė – When We’re Old – 12 points
- Lukas Norkūnas – Tegu – 8 points
- Natalija Chareckaja – Serious – 7 points
- Milda Rasilavičiūtė – I Think About You – 6 points
- Aušra Difartė – Someday – 5 points
- Justin3 – Born to Be Wild One – 4 points
- Benas Malakauskas – My Memories – 3 points
- Evaldas Vaikasas – Blind – 2 points
- Monee – Standing Here – 1 points
- Germanė Kinderytė – Turn It Up – 0 points
- Meda Meškauskaitė – Blood Roses – 0 points
- Dangė – Netikra Laimė – 0 points
Lithuania was represented by Fusedmarc at the Eurovision Song Contest 2017 in Kyiv, Ukraine. They performed the song “Rain of Revoltuion”, where they went on to finished 17th in their semi-final with 42 points. This represented Lithuania’s worst result in the competition since 2005, when the contest was also head in Kyiv.
Lithuania in the Eurovision Song Contest
Lithuania debuted in the Eurovision Song Contest in 1994, however on their debut they finished in last place with nul points. Lithuania didn’t return to the contest until 1999 when Aiste finished 20th with the song “Strazdas”. Lithuania’s best result came in 2006 when LT United performed “We Are The Winners”, they finished 6th in the final with a total of 162 points. Lithuania’s only other top.10 finish came in 2016 when Donny Montell performed “I’ve Been Waiting For This Night” in Stockholm, he received 12 points from the public in Ireland, Norway & United Kingdom.