The six artists taking part in the Unser Lied für Lissabon have been revealed this morning in Germany.
Germany has this morning revealed the six artists taking part in Unser Lied für Lissabon, the countries selection process for the Eurovision Song Contest 2018 in Lisbon, Portugal. The six artists have been selected by a 100 member Eurovision panel as well as 20 international experts.
The finalists are:
- Xavier Darcy – 22 year old singer songwriter
- Ryk – 28 year old composer, singer and producer. Previously performed under the name FOXOS
- Ivy Qainoo – 25 years old, Winner of the first series of the Voice of Germany in 2012
- Michael Schulte – 27 years old, YouTube star having had over 50 million views and 1.2 million Spotify streams per month
- Natia Todua – 21 years old, Winner of the Voice of Germany in 2017
- VvoXXclub – Munich based “new folk music” group
Thomas Schreiber, the Head of Entertainment commented;
Congratulations and thanks to our six acts! They have been selected in a multi-stage process by the international jury members and the 100 people who represent the international ESC audience exciting, diversified ESC preliminary decision, and now it’s about finding the best song for Lisbon.
Up to 15 German and international songwriters, composers and producers will now create songs together with the six acts in a three-day songwriting camp. Based on the material that is created, it is then decided together which song is the right one for whom and how it can be staged.
Source: ESC Germany
Germany in the Eurovision Song Contest
Germany was one of seven countries to participate in the Eurovision Song Contest in 1956. The country has taken part in every contest since then, apart from in 1996 when they failed to make it through the qualifying round. To date Germany has won the contest twice, the first time being in 1982 when Nicole sang “Ein Bisschen Frieden” in Harrogate, which later became a global hit. Germany didn’t win again until 2010, when Lena sang “Satellite” in Oslo. She received 9 sets of 12 points, scoring 236 points overall. Germany has not placed above second last in their last participations.